Good evening Shacknews, it's Thursday night in America, you're all so close to the weekend. You can do it. Only Friday to go, and Friday's are already kind of a weekend. Have you all recovered from trying to pre-order your PS5s yet? What a mess that all was and continues to be. Let's take a moment to forget about how many times we've refreshed our carts and spend some time clicking links!
In case you missed it at Shacknews:
- PAX Online: Geeks Who Like Sports panel with Asif Khan
- Nintendo 3DS production has been officially discontinued
- Hades gets update 1.0 patch notes on PC, out now on Switch
- John Carmack on why the Oculus Quest 2 is 'the best headset that money can buy'
- Rocket League details Season 1 Rocket Pass for free-to-play update
- Humble Bundle & Can You Pet the Dog team up to support animal charities
- Elgato Key Light Air unboxing: Illuminate yourself like a pro
- Trump administration wants Tencent-owned companies' data-security protocols
- Xbox Series X and Series S pre-order times revealed
- Arcade1Up announces Golden Axe Arcade Cabinet, available now
- RTX 3080 GPUs sold out instantly & the aftermarket is already out for blood
- The Long Dark brings frigid survival gameplay to the Nintendo Switch today
- Trent Reznor released the Quake 1 soundtrack as a special edition vinyl
- Monster Hunters Rise brings a new hunt to Nintendo Switch in March 2021
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps comes to Nintendo Switch today
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin will let us befriend Rathalos on Switch in 2021
That damn helicopter robot made me laugh so damn much. Look how stupid it looks. I love it and I need it. Must protect at all costs.
And now... Other Stuff From The Internet!!!
WEAR A MASK
"But, my liberties" they cry, as the ventilator is applied. It boggles the mind to think of the mental gymnastics some people perform to convince themselves that wearing a mask infringes on their rights.
Can I see your qualifications, please?
CNN is not holding back. 👀 pic.twitter.com/YCDEnCgVxz— Hoodlum 🇺🇸 (@NotHoodlum) September 17, 2020
As I suspected, you have none.
Scientific American has never endorsed a presidential candidate in our 175-year history—until now.— Scientific American (@sciam) September 15, 2020
The 2020 election is literally a matter of life and death. We urge you to vote for health, science and Joe Biden for President.https://t.co/8TlH7shjFn
Look at all these people in the comments who totally had a subscription but are now choosing to cancel.
Geometry Wars is the real GOAT
Xbox 360 had Geometry Wars.— Stephen Totilo (@stephentotilo) September 16, 2020
PS4 had Resogun
Hoping there's something coming early in this gen like those.
After all, the best demonstration of next-gen power is lots of spaceships blowing up, right?
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved was a must-have title. A game so simple and yet so addictive. Even Retro Evolved 2 was pretty great, and 2014's third major entry in the series, Dimensions, added more depth to the game. While we know what happened to Bizarre Creations, whatever happened to Lucid Games creating more sequels?
Have you played it?
Among Us is gaining a lot of traction. People seem to really dig it. Maybe it's time to get together and play it?
Friendly dog looking for good home
Far out, that's a terrifying looking dog. It's giving off some real Pet Sematary vibes.
Survival of the fittest starts young
She said fuck them kids pic.twitter.com/BiU1er5WTs— luis (@luistnr) September 17, 2020
Gotta get those kids training so that they're the fittest.. Hamsters? Guinea pigs? Gerbils?
Here's a lovely photo of Blake's kitty cat, Beemo. Not hunting monsters at the moment.
There you have it, Shacknews, your Evening Reading for September 17, 2020. Please consider subscribing to Shacknews Mercury to support our site for as little as $1/month.
Here's a picture of Rad, on my lap, taking a selfie. He's a good boy.
What are you up to tonight? Let us know in the Shacknews Chatty comment thread below.