The Exotic Mission Rotator is a new activity in Destiny 2 that lets players replay old Exotic missions. These missions are on a weekly schedule, letting players experience older, previously removed content, while also being able to earn powerful Exotic weapons. Below is the Exotic Mission Rotator schedule so you can plan out your attempts and unlock the weapons you need.
Exotic Mission Rotator schedule
Each week, starting in Season 22, an Exotic mission will be available to play. Completing this mission will reward you with the associated Exotic, which will also be craftable. This Exotic mission schedule is similar to Destiny 2’s featured raid and featured dungeon setup.
|Exotic Mission Rotator Schedule|
|August 22||Presage||Dead Man's Tale|
|August 29||Vox Obscura||Dead Messenger|
|September 5||Operation: Seraph's Shield||Revision Zero|
|September 12||Presage||Dead Man's Tale|
|September 19||Vox Obscura||Dead Messenger|
|September 26||Operation: Seraph's Shield||Revision Zero|
|October 3||Presage||Dead Man's Tale|
|October 10||Vox Obscura||Dead Messenger|
|October 17||Operation: Seraph's Shield||Revision Zero|
|October 24||Presage||Dead Man's Tale|
|October 31||Vox Obscura||Dead Messenger|
|November 7||Operation: Seraph's Shield||Revision Zero|
|November 14||Presage||Dead Man's Tale|
|November 21||Vox Obscura||Dead Messenger|
|November 28||Operation: Seraph's Shield||Revision Zero|
|December 5||Presage||Dead Man's Tale|
|December 12||Vox Obscura||Dead Messenger|
|December 19||Operation: Seraph's Shield||Revision Zero|
|December 26||Presage||Dead Man's Tale|
Here are the rewards from each Exotic mission including the Exotic weapon, possible craftable weapon drops, and armor:
|Presage||Vox Obscura||Operation: Seraph's Shield|
|Exotic Weapon||Dead Man's Tale||Dead Messenger||Revision Zero|
|Weapon drops||Nezarec's Whisper||Explosive Personality||Fire and Forget|
|Bump in the Night||Recurrent Impact||Tripwire Canary|
|Tears of Contrition||Under Your Skin||Disparity|
|Hollow Denial||Sweet Sorrow||Path of Least Resistance|
|Firefright||Thoughtless||Judgement of Kelgorath|
|Without Remorse||Piece of Mind||Retrofit Escapade|
|Armor drops||Eidolon Pursuant||Tusked Allegiance||Warmind's Avatar|
In a recent TWID, Bungie outlined how the rewards from the Exotic Mission Rotator will work. Here are the details:
Weapon crafting rewards:
- First completion of the mission on Normal or Legendary difficulty will award the Exotic Deepsight weapon associated with the mission. Extracting or dismantling this Deepsight weapon will grant the pattern.
- Each completion of the Normal or Legendary version of the Exotic mission will award an intrinsic upgrade that can be used when crafting the Exotic weapon.
- Each completion of the Legendary version of the Exotic mission will award a Catalyst upgrade for the crafted Exotic weapon.
Armor and weapon rewards:
- The Normal and Legendary versions of the missions have separate weekly reward lockouts.
- Weekly mission rewards:
- One guaranteed Deepsight weapon that has not had its pattern unlocked andone armor piece that has not already been obtained (based on your current class).
- If all weapon patterns and armor have been obtained for the in-rotation mission, a random world drop will be awarded.
- On every completion you will receive an additional weapon from the mission's weapon pool. However, this weapon will have no knockout or guaranteed Deepsight behavior (the weapon can roll with Deepsight, but this would be on a random percentage chance).
Alongside the mission rewards, there is also a weekly challenge:
- This weekly challenge has the same armor and weapon pool as the Exotic mission which is in rotation.
- The challenge rewards will be output at pinnacle power and will prioritize the rewards in the following order:
- One guaranteed Deepsight weapon that has not had its pattern unlocked.
- If weapon patterns have all been unlocked, the challenge will award one armor piece that has not been obtained (based on your current class).
- If all weapon patterns and armor have been obtained for the in-rotation mission, the challenge will output a random weapon or armor.
Crafting weapons in Destiny 2, specifically Exotics, is a rather new addition. With the Exotic Mission Rotator, players will be able to craft even more Exotics, allowing players to tweak these powerful weapons to better match their builds and playstyles. Take a look at our weapon crafting guide to learn all the ins and outs as well as our Weapon Pattern sources to see how to acquire some other weapons for crafting.
Keep this Exotic Mission Rotator schedule saved in a tab as we’ll be updating it every season in Destiny 2. Look over our Destiny 2 Strategy Guide for even more schedules and activity tracking.