Greetings, Shacknews! I've been unleashed upon Evening Reading once again. So let's close out this latest week of our finite existence with a look at posts, memes, and other stuff.
In case you missed it at Shacknews:
- NBA 2K22 review: Benching talent
- THQ Nordic makes Titan Quest & Jagged Alliance free in honor of 10th anniversary
- Yuji Naka has started from scratch to make a mobile game following Balan Wonderworld
- The Jackbox Party Pack 8 gets an October release date
- Sega is set to reveal a new RPG during Tokyo Game Show 2021
- MX vs ATV Legends debuts at THQ Nordic 10th Anniversary Showcase
- Destroy All Humans! 2: Reprobed announced for 2022
- Jagged Alliance 3 revealed during THQ Nordic 10th Annivesrary
- Outcast 2 - A New Beginning in development by Appeal Studios
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake announced by THQ Nordic
- Shack Chat: What character should be DLC in Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania?
And, because it's the weekend, go find yourself something to play!
- Weekend Console Download Deals for Sept. 17: The best of Xbox Game Studios
- Weekend PC Download Deals for Sept. 17: Half-Life: Alyx Steam sale
And now... Other Stuff From The Internet!!!
Senpai noticed us!
Oh, yes, Max! Greg has a fully functioning Proton Pack.
We've been mourning the passing of legendary comedian Norm MacDonald all week. If you want to hear from one of his closest friends, check out the latest episode of Conan Needs A Friend and hear from Conan O'Brien.
And, as long as we're remembering Norm, let's look at some of his final works of brilliance, voicing Pigeon from Mike Tyson Mysteries.
Just too many
Keep it to one monkey jumping on the bed, if possible.
Cats are jerks
Even statues can't read in peace pic.twitter.com/RiV0SJS6LH— Jo V. Lande (@JoVLande) September 16, 2021
Cats will take attention wherever they can get it.
Look at the little chungus!
Delightfully devilish, Seymour.
The crossover we've been waiting for!
I've appreciated the reunions between Stabler and Benson, but now let's get some more with Stabler and Fin!
IT'S STILL REAL TO ME, DAMMIT!
When IT'S STILL REAL TO ME, DAMMIT! goes wrong!
Last night was not a good night to be a fan of professional wrestling. The story of The Plane Ride from Hell was supposed to be some interesting tabloid fare, but I feel pretty confident in saying that anybody who watched it came away feeling really icky afterwards.
In particular, it cast a damning light on Ric Flair with one of the flight attendants recounting her story of what can only be described as sexual assault. Car Shield has already halted its ad campaign with the Nature Boy and there's speculation that any plans to bring him into All Elite Wrestling are out the window.
If anyone came off worse, it was former ECW star Tommy Dreamer, who basically defended Flair's behavior. No worries, he got his earlier today.
You're all used to getting the fun side of pro wrestling from me, but viewer discretion is advised here. This is not a fun watch.
Tonight in video game music
Here are the soothing sounds of the Super Guitar Bros. I'm stoked to see these guys perform in a few weeks here in Los Angeles. Grab some beer, lay back, and chill to these sounds for the rest of your night.
That is your Evening Reading to send you off into your weekend, Shacknews. Be sure to subscribe to Shacknews Mercury to support our site for as little as $1/month. It doesn't just help keep the lights on, but it also ensures that humble writers like myself can keep bringing you the best of video games every day.
What are your Friday plans? Join the conversation and let us know in the Shacknews Chatty comment thread below.
Ozzie Mejia posted a new article, Evening Reading - September 17, 2021
It's Ozzie Night! https://twitter.com/AnthonyWMoll/status/1438910515112198144
Those guitar guys are really pleasant to listen to. How have I never come across them before?