Good evening, Shacknews. You did it. You made it to Friday. You navigated your way through an entire week. It was a week of highs and lows, but we all got through it in the end. Do you have many plans for the weekend? No matter what you decide to do, the first thing you need to do (if you're a North American citizen) is register to vote. Practice one of your rights and get a sense of pride in democracy. After you've sorted that out, come and take a look at some of the goodies we've got for you here.
In case you missed it at Shacknews:
- United States voter registration dates and deadlines for 2020 election
- Super Mario Bros. 35 review: 8-bit throwdown
- Schiit Magnius headphone amplifier review: Affordable overkill
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time review: Surprise classic
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit trailer shows building tracks and AR integration
- Ziggurat's October Retro First Friday showcases The Legacy: Realm of Terror & more
- Fall Guys Season 2 officially launches next week
- Destiny 2's Festival of the Lost returns next week
- NVIDIA delays RTX 3070 to the end of October
- Baldur's Gate 3 will feature cross-save support by way of new Larian Accounts
- Silent Hill 4: The Room is Konami's latest addition to GOG.com
- Ubisoft CEO reveals roughly 25% of employees witnessed or experienced misconduct
- Tencent buys major stake in Swedish developer 10 Chambers
- Microsoft Flight Simulator is getting a VR closed beta by early November
And now... Other Stuff From The Internet!!!
Mario 35 is out now!
Have you sunk much time into it yet? Have you secured yourself a win? People are too good at these games.
Y'all been on Twitter?
ME: Maybe I’ll check Twitter before I fall asleep.— Mike Beauvais (@MikeBeauvais) October 2, 2020
Twitter lost its damn mind last night after the news broke that the President of the United States of America has COVID-19.
Cop: so are you guys in some sort of polyamorous sex thing?— Spooky Skoog (@Skoog) October 2, 2020
Raphael: no we're brothers
Cop: oh It's just with the matching outfits I thought-
Leonardo: we like girls. human girls
Cop: is that... is that less weird?
Maybe we shouldn't think too hard about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Time to face the music
you don't want tomatoes on your sandwich? do you also want a diaper? maybe some milkies? because you're acting like a child— Chase (@chaselyons) October 2, 2020
Tomatoes are great, and they're even better on sandwiches.
There's always an exception
Man, people really do be quite funny on Twitter and TikTok.
Modern Day Seinfeld
GEORGE: She's got an OnlyFans.— The Big Guy (@TSSteinbacher) October 1, 2020
JERRY [looking over coffee mug]: An OnlyFans? And you subscribed, of course.
GEORGE: We went on a date, Jerry. It only seemed right.
KRAMER: You're a simp, George.
JERRY: You're simping?
GEORGE [throwing hands up]: I'M SIMPING, BABY.
I love to imagine what Seinfeld might be like were it set in present times.
Among Us memes
Unfortunately, with this President's constant lies, we have to treat him like the impostor. He has been sus for four years. This claim is also sus. Regardless, we can't allow him to muddy the waters- we should simply vote to eject him. At the very least, though: Don't Vote Skip.— Ace Watkins (@GamerPres2020) October 2, 2020
Ace Watkins is a presidential candidate for the gamers.
THE AMONG US SHOW pic.twitter.com/po3cvYPKcT— AIROAH (@AiroahAnim) October 2, 2020
Yay! The Among Us show!
Man, I feel really bad for Fall Guys. Their game was legit #1 by a huge margin. Then someone reminded people that Among Us existed and immediately took the spotlight. Has anything like this ever happened?— Omni ☕️ (@InfernoOmni) October 2, 2020
Less of a meme, more of an observation. Have you also felt the shift in attention from Fall Guys to Among Us?
me laughing in the chat log after they’ve killed me in among us pic.twitter.com/iDQ9ocWeJp— 🖤 (@bubbIegumjm) October 2, 2020
It true. I had a ghost once who was screaming in text who the killer was. It was so funny.
Watching for other sussness while trying not to look sus is a fine line to walk.
There you have it, Shacknews, your Evening Reading for October 2, 2020. Please consider subscribing to Shacknews Mercury to support our site for as little as $1/month.
Here's a photo of Rad for your viewing pleasure. He's having a good stretch on a bed after waking up!
What are you up to tonight? Let us know in the Shacknews Chatty comment thread below.