Welcome to the end of your Tuesday, Shackers. We’ve had quite a day of showcases and video game reveals across a variety of presentations, but all good things must come to an end. We’re closing down our day and that means it’s time to pull the curtain proper with another edition of Evening Reading. Please enjoy, won’t you?
In case you missed at Shacknews…
- Fire Emblem Engage unites heroes for January release date
- It Takes Two comes to Nintendo Switch in November 2022
- Splatoon 3's first post-release Splatfest begins next weekend
- Octopath Traveler 2 announced for Switch in February 2023
- GoldenEye 007 returns on Nintendo Switch with online play
- Pikmin 4 announced for Nintendo Switch in 2023
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom cries for May release date
- Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe comes to Switch in February 2023
- Babylon's Fall servers to shut down in February 2023
- Ubisoft's Yves Guillemot suggests sexual misconduct arose from 'generational differences'
- Judgment & Lost Judgment listings on ESRB suggest upcoming PC release
- Like A Dragon: Ishin gets February release date at State of Play
- Tekken 8 officially revealed in development for PS5
- System Shock remake preview at PAX West 2022: Smooth systems
And now… More stuff from The Internet!
NFTs with your coffee?
Introducing Starbucks Odyssey, a new experience that will offer the ability to earn & buy digital collectibles (NFTs) that will unlock access to new coffee experiences. Join the waitlist to be among the first to explore Odyssey. https://t.co/Kze11sab1D— Starbucks News (@StarbucksNews) September 12, 2022
Probably not the worst business move by Starbucks. We’d still give that to all of the union busting.
Tears of the Kingdom
Trying to comfort your upset friend pic.twitter.com/YH6vTdWvyc— Dovi (Sephiroth1204) (@Sephiroth1204) September 13, 2022
I’m still having a little weep at the fact that the new Zelda game finally has a name and a date.
God of Farming
If God of War was shown during today's Nintendo Direct pic.twitter.com/JqoK4y26di— yann ‼️😵💫😭👎🏾 (@yakotrick) September 13, 2022
There was a lot of farming games on the Nintendo Direct today, but some of them looked pretty good. (I’d play God of Farming, though.) Heck, our friends at Phoenix Labs showcased a heck of a good-looking one! From the makers of Dauntless, check out Fae Farm!
I won’t spoil it because the last 9 words alone are worth zooming in to read this. pic.twitter.com/mSeGw1x7bb— At Angry Skycrane (@AngrySkycrane) September 12, 2022
The last words sent me. I’ll never look at the N-Gage the same again.
Musical melon popping
this is the future of esports pic.twitter.com/9IcA6HJDFW— elliott (@elliottgray) September 13, 2022
What a melodic way to slay a foe.
Good Splatoon moods
splatoon 3 pic.twitter.com/Dce114Utgy— Images with Splatoon Music 🐙🦑 (@Splatune_img) September 13, 2022
I sure do love Splatoon music. With Splatoon 3 out now, I think we can all get a lot out of this Twitter account.
And that will do it for your September 13 Evening Reading. Thank you for tuning in. Don’t forget that you can support Shacknews for as little as a dollar a month through Mercury. Don’t have a dollar? You don’t need one to enjoy Shackpets. It’s our own Shacknews app available for free on iOS and Android where you can upload pictures of your pets and engage in the ultimate vote of pet cuteness. You’ll see cute pictures like my own dog Flaff there.
There you have it. Have a great Tuesday evening, everyone. What are you up to? Good games, good TV, or good reading? Share in the Shacknews Chatty section below!