Good evening Shacknews, it's Monday night in America, which means you're all just starting your week. I'm pleased to report that I'm almost halfway through the week, seeing as it's Tuesday over here already. Never thought you'd hear a timezone brag, did you? We're entering Shacknews After Dark now, so prepare yourself for some great content from around the internet.
In case you missed it at Shacknews:
- Spelunky 2 review: More dangerous than ever to go alone
- This week's PS5 Showcase could actually give us a price and launch date
- Twitch is testing automated mid-roll ads and streamers don't sound happy
- The Radeon RX 6000 series debuts on Twitter and in Fortnite
- TerraMaster Launches F2-422 10GbE 2-Bay Professional NAS
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars Overview Trailer showcases new features and gameplay
- What to expect from Apple's 'Time Flies' September 15 special event
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 is the fastest to 1M units sold in franchise history
- ViacomCBS sells CNET Media Group, including GameSpot & Giant Bomb
- Fall Guys secretly sent hackers to 'Cheater Island' to play against each other
- Nintendo reports record-setting Switch sales for August 2020
- Halo 3: ODST comes to the Master Chief Collection this month
- Apple's App Store guidelines have changed, may allow xCloud and Stadia
- NVIDIA to acquire Arm from SoftBank for $40 billion
- TikTok US takes Oracle as a 'trusted techology partner,' rejecting Microsoft's bid to buy
And now... Other Stuff From The Internet!!!
Dunkey reviews Super Mario 64 circa 2019
With Super Mario 64 releasing on Nintendo Switch this week (alright, there's also Sunshine and Galaxy), what better time to look back at a review of the first 3D Mario game.
Paul "Tayne" Rudd
Crazy to think Paul Rudd recorded this back when he was a hip teenager.
Ornithophobia is no joke
me: I bought a gun because of my bird phobia— Adam Cerious (@Browtweaten) September 7, 2020
therapist: you might be getting carried away
me: *firing into the ceiling* not without a fight
If living in Australia has taught me anything, it's that birds can be arseholes. Swooping season is real and if given the chance and strength, I'm sure magpies and plovers would pick us up if they could.
First game and most recent game
Robin Beanland is a force of nature when it comes to music. That man has some incredible talents.
Captain America, guarding that freedom
Now that I have your attention— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) September 15, 2020
VOTE Nov 3rd!!!
Taking that embarrasing self-leak like a champ. The bloke is so nice, I bet he was horrified to discover what he'd accidentally done. This is an important reminder to keep your nudes in a separate folder. Also, get out and vote on November 3rd. The not-North America countries are watching.
Moose belong in horror movies
Look at the size of this thing. These belong in horror films.
Don't just be proactive about the jobs you want. Be proactive about the jobs you DON'T want too 👍 pic.twitter.com/2QQVooXiuH— Sir Michael (@Michael1979) September 14, 2020
It's always awful getting a rejection letter, so turn those tables and let them know that you do not want that job.
There you have it, Shacknews. Your Evening Reading for September 14, 2020. Please consider subscribing to Shacknews Mercury to support our site for as little as $1/month. Here's a photo of Rad loafing on a chair for your viewing pleasure!
What are you up to tonight? Let us know in the Shacknews Chatty comment thread below.