Good evening, Shacknews, it's night time, which means it's time for Evening Reading. Let's officially close out our day of posting. Please take a look.
In case you missed it at Shacknews:
- Shacknews' 25 favorite video interviews
- Pokemon Unite review: A divisive battle
- Hitman 3 Season of Lust includes Shacknews Featured Contracts
- World of Warcraft development grinds to a halt following Activision Blizzard's statement
- Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick addresses harrassment lawsuit, commits to improvements
- A Dragon Age television series might be coming to Netflix
- Microsoft (MSFT) Q4 2021 earnings results highlighted by 172% Xbox hardware sales growth
- Google (GOOGL) Q2 2021 earnings release shows 62% revenue growth driven by reopening ad spending
- AMD Q2 2021 earnings results tout 99% revenue growth from 2020
- Apple (AAPL) reports record Q3 2021 results, services revenue top $17 billion
- Apple (AAPL) CEO Tim Cook confirms chip shortage will affect next quarter's iPhone & iPad sales
And now... Other Stuff From The Internet!!!
Discord now has threads!
Discord continues to evolve and cement itself as a valuable communication tool and today it gets a new Thread system. It's kind of like a side-conversation that can happen based off of one line. Discord recently added replies, which although useful for keeping track of who was replying to what, can often create a bit of clutter. This new Thread feature should prove to be quite handy when you want the main conversation to keep going and don't want to derail it with a tangential chat.
Your daily dose of sudoku
Palindromes in a sudoku is another step up from the usual.
Ocarina of Time is an excellent title
This video is worth a watch if you're a fan of the harrowing N64 title.
Movies based on Shakespeare are all the same
I love when people are like “did you know this movie is actually based on Shakespeare” it’s like yeah I think I was tipped off when the 15 year old in Ohio is named Petruchio and attends Hamlet Regional High School and plays soccer for the Fighting Jesters or whatever the fuck— caitie delaney (@caitiedelaney) July 22, 2021
People be having wild names.
It's when we run out of letters that we really need to kick things into gear
deff getting worried about all these covid variants, if college taught me anything once u start seeing greek letters everywhere u need to run— first-mate prance (@bocxtop) July 22, 2021
But what do we do when we run out?
The simulation is not running at full speed pic.twitter.com/oUfhQIkdUC— ₥ł₴₮₳₭Ɇ ฿₳฿Ɏ (@TokyoDilf) July 21, 2021
It's like seeing the same NPC around each corner in GTA.
I don't think this is a common trope anymore
i'm a prison guard. when i sleep i go "*snorrrrrrrre, mimimimimimi*", my biggest fear in life is someone stealing the big ring of keys i keep on my belt— samanthuel🌱B*L*M (@splendidland) July 22, 2021
Maybe back in black and white silent films.
Let's all argue
outside touching grass. this boring af. i see why yall love fighting about stupid shit all day instead— Trey Smith (@SlimiHendrix) July 22, 2021
Nothing like a good argument. Oh, wait. There is.
I was just reminiscing about Rollercoaster Tycoon
Can’t stop feeling guilty about all of the OSHA violations I committed while playing roller coaster tycoon ten years ago— Natalie (@jbfan911) July 22, 2021
So many dangerous rides.
There you have it, Shacknews, your Evening Reading for tonight. Please consider subscribing to Shacknews Mercury to support our site for as little as $1/month.
Here's one of my favorite photos of Rad. He loves getting all twisty and asking for belly rubs.
What are you up to tonight? Let us know in the Shacknews Chatty comment thread below.