Aspects are a brand new mechanic introduced to Destiny 2 with Beyond Light. These have a direct impact on how the Stasis subclass functions by altering, improving or changing how certain abilities work. Unlocking new Aspects in Destiny 2 will allow players to increase their lethality and expand the build options available to them.
How to unlock Aspects
Aspects are unlocked via quests in Destiny 2. The first Aspect is unlocked through the quest, Aspect of Control. This quest is offered by the Exo Stranger after completing the Beyond Light campaign and finishing Born of Darkness Part 1.
The Aspect you receive will be based on what class you are playing:
- Hunter – Shatterdive: Activate while midair to quickly descend and shatter nearby targets on impact.
- Titan – Cryoclasm: Enables longer and more powerful slide. Sliding into Stasis crystals or frozen targets shatters them and any nearby frozen targets.
- Warlock – Iceflare Bolts: Shattering a frozen target spawns seekers that track and freeze other nearby targets.
These Aspects can be applied by opening the Stasis subclass and selecting it from the Aspects section on the right. They can also be removed from the same menu by selecting the Empty Aspect Slot.
How to unlock second Aspect
To get the second Aspect, players will need to complete the Born in Darkness Part 4 quest offered by the Exo Stranger. After completing this, a new quest will begin called Aspect of Destruction. Complete this quest to unlock your Class' second Aspect. There's a good chance players will gain access to more Aspects in the future. Check out the Beyond Light roadmap for a breakdown of what lies ahead.
The second Aspect for each class is:
- Hunter – Winter's Shroud: Dodging slows nearby targets.
- Titan – Tectonic Harvest: Shattering a Stasis crystal creates a Stasis shard. This shard grants melee enrgy when picked up by you or your allies.
- Warlock – Frostpulse: Casting your Rift generates a shockwave that freezes nearby combatants.
How to unlock third Aspect
The third Aspect for each class is:
- Hunter – Grim Harvest: Defeating slowed or frozen combatants creates Stasis shards. These shards grant melee energy when picked up by you or your allies.
- Titan – Howl of the Storm: While sliding, activate your charged melee ability to launch a wave of Stasis energy forward that freezes targets and creates Stasis crystals.
- Warlock – Bleak Watcher: Press and hold the grenade button to convert your grenade into a Stasis turret that fires slowing projectiles at nearby targets.
How to unlock fourth Aspect
The fourth Stasis Aspect was added to Destiny 2 with Season of the Splicer. To unlock this Aspect, you must complete the quest, Aspect of Interference. This also requires Salvation's Grip.
The fourth Aspect for each class is:
- Hunter – Touch of Winter: Your Glacier, Duskfield, and Coldsnap grenades have enhanced functionality.
- Glacier Grenade: Adds a Stasis crystal and changes the formation.
- Duskfield Grenade: Increases slow-field size and creates a small Stasis crystal on impact.
- Coldsnap Grenade: Seekers travel farther, faster, and chains on additional time.
- Titan – Diamond Lance: Shatter or defeat targets with Stasis abilities to create a Stasis Lance. Use Shoot to throw the lance to freeze targets on impact. Use Melee to slam the lance to the ground to freeze targets in a small area.
- Warlock – Glacial Harvest: Freezing targets creates Stasis shards around the frozen targets. Higher tier combatants create more shards.
Overall, Aspects are a fantastic new addition to Destiny 2 that have a dramatic impact on how a Subclass works. As Destiny 2 continues to evolve, players can expect to unlock more Aspects to further enhance their subclasses. Spend some time looking over the Shacknews Destiny 2 guide for more insights into how this new season of Destiny works and how to get your hands on more powerful gear.