Welcome, friends, to Friday. We’re here following a lightning fast week of gaming news and conversations and that means it’s time for another Shacknews Dump to discuss the hottest topics going around.
On this March 19 edition of the Shacknews Dump, we gotta say: we might call ourselves the Dump, but we’re going to have to work pretty hard to be as crappy as laying off large swaths of employees and then taking a hefty multi-million-dollar bonus in pay. It’s not all bad, though. Square Enix had a direct presentation yesterday in which new titles for Life is Strange were shown and we got another look at the newly-named Forspoken, just to name a few.
Join us we talk about these and other hot news topics when the Shacknews Dump goes live on the Shacknews Twitch channel at 1:30 p.m. PT / 4:30 p.m. ET. You can also catch the show live just below.
Here’s the rundown of topics on the slate for today’s Shacknews Dump:
- February Twitch analytics show substantial growth in popularity of women streamers
- Jade Raymond forms Haven Entertainment Studios, working on new PlayStation IP
- Square Enix Presents Spring 2021
- Activision Blizzard hits esports division with over 50 layoffs
- $200 million payout to Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick draws ire
- Rockstar liked the GTA Online unofficial load time fix so much they paid its creator
- Mundaun review: What we do in the shadows
- Apex Legends for Nintendo Switch impressions: Panic Button narrowly misses the mark
As always, we’d like to thank everyone who tunes into ShackStream projects like the Dump. Your support and engagement make these livestreams all the more fun and worthwhile. If you’d like to contribute to making sure that we keep things like the Dump going, consider following or subscribing to the Shacknews Twitch channel. Don’t forget that if you happen to have an Amazon Prime account, you can link it to your Twitch account to get a free subscription each month through Prime Gaming. We’d happily take that free subscription off your hands if you’ve got nowhere else to put it.
The Shacknews Dump is also brought to you today by Galahad 3093, which is a multiplayer mech game set to launch its free extended beta later today! Stay tuned after the Dump for a special livestream with the Galahad 3093 devs as we join them in kicking off the beta with gameplay and Q&A!
The Dump is packed to the brim today, but we’ve got more to give. That said, strap in, brace yourself, and get ready for the hottest gaming news topics as we go live shortly!
TJ Denzer posted a new article, Shacknews Dump - March 19, 2021
They be dumpin!