It’s another Friday and it’s just about time to cut out for the weekend, but with so much news to discuss, we’ll be wrapping up the week proper with another Shacknews Dump! Join us as we talk about EA, Elon, Elden Ring, and possibly even more news starting with the letter “E”!
On this March 3 edition of the Shacknews Dump, we dig into the latest ongoings in the Microsoft acquisition of Activision Blizzard. It seems Microsoft got through the EU in approval of its deal, but can it do the same with the US FTC and the UK CMA? Meanwhile, Tesla Investor Day 2023 was this week and Elon Musk had some very interesting things to say, especially regarding the red hot trend of AI. Also, Elden Ring DLC is coming, so we’ll have fresh reasons to visit The Lands Between this year.
Join us as we go live with the Shacknews Dump on the Shacknews Twitch channel at 1:45 p.m. PT / 4:45 p.m. ET to talk about these and other hot news topics. You can also watch below.
Here’s the rundown of topics on today’s Shacknews Dump:
- Activision Blizzard faces CWA action for firing workers over return to office policy
- FTC rejects most of Sony's pushback over Microsoft subpoena
- EU likely to approve Microsoft acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- EA lays off more than 100 Apex Legends QA testers via Zoom
- Yuji Naka admits guilt to Square Enix insider trading charges
- Yosuke Matsuda stepping down as President of Square Enix
- Kai Cenat breaks all-time Twitch subscription record
- Elon Musk calls AI 'dangerous technology' and suggests regulatory oversight
- FDA allegedly rejects Musk's request to test Neuralink chip in humans over safety concerns
- Beyond the Summit announces total layoffs and plans to restructure
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 loses director as Ubisoft Montpellier faces workplace investigation
- Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree DLC announced
- Gears of War studio hiring suggests it may start work on a new game
As always, we’d like to thank those who tune into ShackStreams like the Shacknews Dump. Your viewership drives us to continue to bring you the best in livestream and video content, so thank you. If you’d like to support the Shacknews Twitch channel further, then consider following and subscribing. You can subscribe for free if you have an Amazon Prime account and link it up to your Twitch account via Prime Gaming. That gets you a free Twitch subscription every month. Throw it our way if you’ve nowhere better to put it and we’ll be happy to have it.
Elon thinks AI is dangerous and the EU thinks Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard is safe. Join us as we go live shortly to discuss these and the rest of the hottest news from this week.