It was a packed week of good gaming news, not the least of which was the reveal of a collection of new Meta Quest 2 games and a special PAX East 2022 presentation from the folks at Gearbox Publishing. As usual, we’re going to unpack the hottest stories with a hearty discussion on the Shacknews Dump!
On this April 22 episode of the Shacknews Dump, we get briefly into the latest goings on with Activision Blizzard, including the revelation that Microsoft apparently hasn’t discussed the situation of Bobby Kotick’s employment after the deal closes. There’s plenty more though. Portal writer Erik Wolpaw wants to get started on Portal 3 before everyone gets too old to do it. We’re also going to be diving into the Gearbox Publishing PAX East 2022 presentation that shared a number of cool reveals.
Tune in as we discuss these and further hot news stories from the week on the Shacknews Dump, going live on the Shacknews Twitch channel at 2 p.m. PT / 5 p.m. ET. You can also watch below.
Here’s the rundown of stories on today’s Shacknews Dump:
- Activision filing claims Kotick's employment post-Microsoft deal still undiscussed
- Gearbox Publishing PAX East 2022 Presentation
- Portal writer Erik Wolpaw wants to start on Portal 3 before he's too old
- PlayStation and Xbox may soon incorporate ads into free-to-play games
- Postal 4: No Regerts review - Nothing but regerts
- MLB The Show 22 review: Take an old friend on the go
- Streets of Rage to Grand Upper its way to film written by John Wick creator
- SEGA reportedly developing new Jet Set Radio & Crazy Taxi as part of 'Super Game'
As always, we’d like to thank everyone who tunes into ShackStream productions like the Shacknews Dump. We always appreciate those who take the time to tune into the fine livestream projects we aim to deliver each week. If you’d like to support what we’ve got going on further, then consider following and subscribing to the Shacknews Twitch channel. Every little bit helps us to keep making these livestreams better. Just as well, you can do it for free if you have an Amazon Prime account to link to your Twitch account up to via Prime Gaming. That gets you a free Twitch subscription to use as you please each month. We’d be happy to have it if you’ve nowhere else to put it.
The gears are spinning on this week’s Shacknews Dump as we break down the goods from the Gearbox presentation, talk wistfully about Portal sequels, and more. Catch it all as we go live shortly!