It's that time of year when customers line up in front of stores in the hopes of trampling their competition to secure a sweet deal. The stakes are even higher during the Holiday season of 2020, as the COVID-19 pandemic rages on in the United States and new next-gen consoles have launched. This hasn't stopped GameStop. The intrepid retailer opened their doors today at 7 AM to customers.
Reports have come in that GameStop only had two PS5 console units allocated to each store, while they let 15 people line up to purchase them. Maybe some of these folks could score an Xbox Series X as a consolation prize.
Here are some of the "great deals" GameStop probably still has in stock:
- Madden NFL 21 PS4/Xbox One - $26.99
- Star Wars: Squadrons PS4 - $16.99
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla PS5 - $47.99
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - $26.99
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses - $26.99
- Mario Tennis Aces - $24.99
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - $39.99
- Sonic Mania Plus Team Sonic Racing Double Pack - $29.99
- Super Mario Maker 2 - $39.99
- GTA V: Premium Edition Xbox One - $14.99
- Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 - $29.99
- NBA 2K21 PS4 - $26.99
- Resident Evil 2 Xbox One - $15.99
- Destroy All Humans! Xbox One - $14.99
GameStop also sells merch, and they have this corgi eating ramen shirt on sale for $9.00.
Imagine waiting in line at a mall during a pandemic to save eleven dollars on this fine shirt. GameStop isn't guaranteeing COVID-19 transmission, but it seems pretty likely as anyone dumb enough to sit in front of the store will be hooting and hollering when they don't get their PS5s. My local GameStop gets robbed every other week, so it wouldn't surprise me to see things continually to escalate as PS5 supply remains super low.
We reached out to GameStop about the pathetically low PS5 supply in there stores, and they actually got back to us! "GameStop is proud of our PS5 and Xbox Series X launches, but we do realize that some customers won't be able to purchase these products as easily as they would like. We suggest they buy some useless crap that we do have in stock like Funko POPs or gaming shirts and collectables. We also have Nintendo Switch in stock. Just give us your money now, and we might be able to stay in business long enough to actually secure more next-gen console supply."
GameStop's continued effort to not go out of business in 2020 is truly inspriing. Their brash willingness to risk the health of their employees and customers is truly what makes America great. The stores are still open, so head over there for some sweet deals with a heaping side of COVID-19.
- posted by Capitalist Cheerleader