It’s another week of hot gaming news and we’ve got the best place to digest it all. Embracer Group acquisitions? Elon Musk Twitter buyouts? The Miz doing the splits? You’ll find it all here with other hot news on the Shacknews Dump.
On this May 6, 2022 edition of the Shacknews Dump, we take a look at the recent Embracer Group acquisition of western Square Enix studios, including Eidos, Crystal Dynamics, Square Enix Montreal, and various IP associated with them. Will this mean a new Legacy of Kain or Deus Ex? Moreover, Microsoft opened the backdoor for Fortnite to creep back into iOS devices via Xbox Cloud Gaming. Will Apple take it lying down? We’ll see. Finally, we’ve got the latest on Activision Blizzard activity and Elon Musk’s Twitter takeover.
Tune in the Shacknews Twitch Channel as we go live at 1:30 p.m. PT / 4:30 p.m. ET to talk about these and other hot news stories on the Shacknews Dump. You can also watch just below.
Here’s the rundown of stories coming up on today’s Shacknews Dump:
- NYC sues Activision Blizzard over Kotick's handling of Microsoft purchase
- Activision Blizzard prods shareholders to vote against harassment report proposal
- Embracer Group acquires Eidos, Crystal Dynamics, Square Enix Montreal, and several IP
- Twitter (TWTR) shareholder sues Musk and company to delay deal to 2025
- Elon Musk to serve as temporary Twitter CEO once the deal closes
- Fortnite is playable on iOS devices again thanks to Xbox Cloud Gaming
- WWE's The Miz is prepping for a shot at playing Johnny Cage in a Mortal Kombat film
As always, we’d like to thank folks who tune into ShackStream productions like the Shacknews Dump. Your viewership drives us to continue to make these livestreams the best they can be. If you’d like to support us further, consider following or subscribing to the Shacknews Twitch channel. You can do it for free if you have an Amazon Prime account. Just link it up to your Twitch account via Prime Gaming to get a free Twitch subscription to use as you please each month and then throw those Bezos bucks our way.
We’re embracing a bunch of hot gaming news and cradling it deep within the bowels of discussion this week. Tune in as we go live with the Shacknews Dump shortly!