At this point, fans should not be surprised that the latest update for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS does not feature patch notes of any sort. If Nintendo hasn't done it the first, second, or third time around, why expect anything to change now?
So beyond getting a handful of new stages today, the Smash Bros. characters have received various balance tweaks. Once again, the dedicated Smash Bros. community has tirelessly worked to uncover just what exactly has changed. Consider these changes unofficial, but for now, here's what's different. These changes come courtesy of the devoted Smashboards community.
Last updated: 10/2 01:25PM PT
- Fireball (B) initial hit damage increased to 6% from 5%, initial hitbox base increased, initial hit duration increased to 20 frames from 15 frames, and overall weaker hit damage and size.
- Neutral Air damage on hits increased to 6% from 5% and landing lag reduced to 20 frames from 24.
- Air Cannon (B - Custom 3) ending reduced by 14 frames.
- Cannonball (C) hitbox increased to 5.5 frames from 4.5, growth on both sweet and sour hitboxes increased.
- Wind-up Raptor Boost (Side B - Custom 3) damage incrased to 8/9% from 7/8%.
- Sinking Skull (Down B - Custom 2) ground damage increased to 12% from 10%, air damage increased to 10% from 9%; ending reduced by 5 frames.
- GLITCH: Using shield drop actions during multi-hit moves gives him grab immunity until his shield is hit again later.
- Giant Punch (B) shield damage decreased to 0 from 2 (also applies to custom specials).
- Headbutt (Side B) shield damage decreased to 25 from 30 (also applies to Stubborn Headbutt - Custom 3).
- Clothesline Tornado (Down B - Custom 3) damage increased to 10/12% from 8%; sweetspot knockback adjusted.
- Blaster (B) damage decreased to 1.5% from 2%
- Neutral Air second strike hitbox damage increased to 10% from 9%; growth increased to 120 from 100.
- Smash Counter (Down B - Custom 3) growth decreased to 70 from 100; base upped to 90 from 48.
- Tempest (B - Custom 2) uncharged damage increased to 5% from 1%, duration increased by 2 frames, ending reduced by 4 frames.
- Tempest (B - Custom 2) charged duration increased by 2-3 frames, initial hitbox moved slightly backwards, ending on regular charge reduced by 4 frames, ending on max charge reduced by 2 frames.
- Furious Eruption (B - Custom 3) uncharged sweet hitbox size upped to 8.5 from 7 and adjusted upwards, duration altered to 10 frames from 12 on first hitbox and to 15 frames from 12 on second hitbox.
- Furious Eruption (B - Custom 3) charged sweet hitbox size upped to 10 from 9 and adjusted upwards, duration altered to 14 frames from 16 on first hitbox and to 19 frames from 16 on second hitbox.
- Furious Eruption (B - Custom 3) maximum charged sweet hitbox size upped to 12.5 from 10 and adjusted upwards, sour hitbox size adjusted to 16 from 15 and adjusted upwards, duration altered to 14 frames from 16 on first hitbox and to 19 frames from 16 on second hitbox.
- Ice Breath (B - Custom 2) hitboxes moved forward, 6% hitbox angle adjustment
- Hammer Bash (Side Special - Custom 2) aerial weight adjusted, hitbox priority lowered for sweet spot.
- Shocking Spin (Up B - Custom 2) hitbox damages increased by 1-2% across the board; new 14% hitbox added.
- Stunning Straight Lunge (B - Custom 3) unchaged damage increased to 11% from 10%, charged growth increased to 70 from 60.
- Glancing Counter (Down B - Custom 2) hitbox angle altered to 65 degrees from 58 degrees, ending decreased by 7 frames.
- Shield Breaker (B) shield damage decreased to 25 from 30.
- Down throw base decreased to 55 from 75, growth increased to 83 from 30.
- Down Air spike hitbox size inreased to 2.5 from 1.8.
- Luigi Cyclone (Down B) initial hitbox lag modifier increased to 1.3 from 1.0, final hitbox growth upped to 130 from 120 and angle adjusted to 90 degrees from 89 degrees.
- Down Smash growth increased to 80 from 85 on first strike and to 100 from 104 on second strike.
- Fiery Jump Punch (Up B - Custom 2) hitboxes altered
- Hyper Bomb (B - Custom 2) direct damage increased to 10% from 8%, splash damage increased to 8% from 6%, ending decreased by 5 frames.
- Ice Slasher (Side B - Custom 2) ending decreased by 6 frames.
- Lazy Shuttle Loop (Up B - Custom 3) final hitbox size increased to 7.2 from 7.0 and duration increased by 2 frames.
- PK Fire Burst (B - Custom 3) damage on hit increased by 1-2%; damage on trigger increased by 8-9%, hits sooner and closer.
- PK Flash (B) hitboxes have changed.
- Lightweight (Down B - Custom 2) infinite renewal glitch with platforms removed.
- Explosive Flame (B - Custom 2) final hit damage increased to 4.2% from 4.0%, but is no longer unblockable.
- Toad (B) ending frame reduced to 62 frames from 64.
Rosalina & Luma
- Guardian Luma (Down B - Custom 3) ending decreased by 1 frame; Luma hitboxes adjusted.
- Floaty Star Bit (Side B - Custom 2) ending decreased.
- Jab damage on rapid loops increased to 2% from 1.7%.
- Melee Charge Shot (B - Custom 3) max charge damage increased to 20% from 18% with various hitbox adjustments; partial charge damage increased to 6% from 5% with various hitbox adjustments.
- Screw Attack (Up B) looping hitboxes, angle, and weight knockback altered.
- Neutral Air hitbox sizes and sweet/sourspot frames adjusted.
- Forward Air looping hits damage increased to 1.6% from 1% and landing lag reduced to 24 frames from 30.
- Penetrating Needles (B - Custom 2) shield damage reduced to 6 from 9.
- Dash Vision (Down B - Custom 2) hitbox angle altered to 35 degrees from 32 degrees, growth increased to 84/94 from 89/99.
- Sliding Spin Attack (Up B - Custom 2) grounded attack now has 6 hitboxes instead of 1 with higher growth, with existing hitbox damage increased to 11% from 10%.
- Extreme Balloon Trip (Up B - Custom 2) hitbox sizes decreased.
- Garlic Breath (B - Custom 3) startup increased by ~1 frame.
Wii Fit Trainer
- Volatile Breathing (Down B - Custom 2) unknown collision flag altered.
- High Jump (Up B - Custom 2) ending reduced by 4 frames.
- Ledge Get-Up Attack shield damage increased to 1 from 0.
- Farore's Spell (Up B - Custom 2) hitbox duration increased by 1 frame, ending reduced by 6 frames.
- Nayru's Passion (B - Custom 3) explosion hitbox startup decreased by 5 frames, wind hitbox startup decreased by 2 frames, slight position alteration.
Shacknews will endeavor to monitor any changes observed over the coming days.
Ozzie Mejia posted a new article, Super Smash Bros. community compiles version 1.1.1 patch notes
Imagine if dota 2 patched without notes and you had to figure out the changes hahaha