United Front Games recently unveiled their next effort, the online-only PC game known as Triad Wars. So what exactly do we know about Triad Wars? The game's developers took to Reddit for an AMA earlier today and here's everything we know about Triad Wars so far.
- This is not Sleeping Dogs 2. Though Triad Wars could be mistaken for the next Sleeping Dogs, producer Justin Bullard implies that this is not the official sequel to the 2012 game. With that said, it will indeed be set in the same universe.
- Hong Kong will indeed be an open world. As part of building your Triad kingpin, the surrounding world will be your playground.
- The team is aiming for mod support, but cannot confirm anything at this time.
- It's PC exclusive... for now. Bullard is leaving the door open for other platforms. With that said, the game is only available through the Triad Wars website. A Steam release has not been ruled out.
- The game is free-to-play, with Bullard noting that the studio is looking to keep the barrier of entry as low as possible. Monetization models will be tested extensively and based on beta tests.
- Players will compete against each other asynchronously, acccording to design director Steve Ferreira. He is calling it an action strategy game. He adds that the game will combine the action from Sleeping Dogs with an empire building component.
Triad Wars is expected to release on PC in early 2015. Closed beta registration is open now.
Ozzie Mejia posted a new article, Triad Wars: what we know so far.
Sleeping Dogs developer United Front Games took to Reddit to answer questions about their next game, Triad Wars. Here's what we know about the game so far.
Hmm, an action strategy game sounds like it could be alright. I am interested to see more development, but I wish it was a full price game, upsell this and that combined with unfair playing fields kinda detracts from the experience IMO.
Free to Play = all interest immediately cancelled