The fighting game--developed by Japanese studio Yuke's Osaka--recorded over one million sales between the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, which placed first and fourth place on the list, respectively. Sucker Punch's PlayStation 3-exclusive action game inFamous, released on May 26, recorded 175,900 sales in its first six days of business.
May's North American console software leaders:
- UFC 2009 Undisputed (Yuke's Osaka, Xbox 360) - 679,600 units
- Wii Fit w/Balance Board(Nintendo, Wii) - 352,800 units
- EA Sports Active Bundle (EA Sports, Wii) - 345,800 units
- UFC 2009 Undisputed (Yuke's Osaka, PS3) - 334,400 units
- inFamous (Sucker Punch, PS3) - 175,900 units
- Pokemon Platinum Version (Nintendo, NDS) - 168,900 units
- Mario Kart w/Wheel (Nintendo, Wii) - 158,300 units
- Punch Out!!! (Nintendo, Wii) - 156,900 units
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged Edition (Raven, Xbox 360) - 120,700 units
- Wii Play w/Remote (Nintendo, Wii) - 109,800 units
The hardware numbers:
- Nintendo DS - 633,500 units
- Wii - 289,500 units
- Xbox 360 - 175,000 units
- PlayStation 3 - 131,000 units
- PlayStation 2 - 117,000 units
- PSP - 104,400 units
Overall industry sales dropped significantly over last year's numbers, with hardware sales alone falling 30% to $302 million.
"The video games industry continues to struggle with difficult comparisons to last year, and this is the first month that industry sales have dipped below $1B since August 2007," said NPD analyst Anita Frazier.
who woulda though Uppity Fucking Cunt would sell well.
I think you might mean so noTorious, not inFamous.