Crytek’s Hunt: Showdown continues to be quite the amalgam of PvPvE first-person shooter combat and exploration, and the team continues to add on and attempt to improve it with the launch of Update 1.9. Hunt: Showdown Update 1.9 was officially launched to the public on all platforms and while it removes the Leaderboards for a rework to be implemented later, a new map feature and a multitude of balance and bug fixes are also present. Check out the full patch notes here.
Hunt: Showdown Update 1.9 patch notes
Crytek launched Hunt: Showdown’s Update 1.9 and its accompanying patch notes in a developer blog on Steam on July 13, 2022. While not the topliner of these notes, the removal of Leaderboards is a big deal. The team is reworking Leaderboards to be better in line with their vision for recognizing the best hunters in the game. That said, there are a few other notable changes too. The Tunnels in the Kingsnake Mine of the DeSalle map have been opened to allow subterranean combat and tactics. The ping system has also been revamped to be limited and prevent spam. Check out the full notes for Hunt: Showdown Update 1.9 below:
Player movement changes
- Improvements made to local and remote player movement to address Desync issues.
- Local improvements – these refer to improvements relating to your Hunter on your client. We have improved the error correction in game which should allow for faster and fairer feedback in those instances where desync can occur. The aim here is to reduce the instances of abrupt and unexpected teleports. However, it is important to note, bad network connectivity, latency or other network interrupts will mean that some instance of teleporting will occur.
- Remote improvements – these refer to improvements relating to all other hunters in your match. The improvement now will ensure that the server’s entity position is more accurate. This should adjust for discrepancies and improve overall interaction. This will especially be effective in those instances where hunters cannot be revived or looted because the body has registered in a different position on the client compared with the server.
- A new maximum ping limit is set for 225ms.
- When selecting a region, you will notice they are divided into distinct colours. Optimal regions for your sessions will be highlighted with a gold background and blue font for the latency. If the font is Orange with a grey background this means that you can connect to this region as it is within the ping limit but may not provide the best experience. If a region is outside the ping limit, this will appear with red text and will be blocked out, meaning you cannot select this region.
- Every player will be able to connect and play on at least one server region. Some will have other options available to them, but the aim is to ensure that no one is completely locked out due to their location or slow ISP.
- When playing with friends, the Host (inviter) will choose the region. If someone in the team has a higher latency to the region than 225ms, the party will get a popup that the game may be disrupted due to the high ping. However, the group will still be able to play.
Team Details Screen Improvements
- We have added some information that is displayed on the Team details screen. This screen will now display actions performed by, and against your partner(s) which will be highlighted with a blue background.
- Consolidated icons and colour displayed for both inbound and outbound actions (‘Downed’ & ‘Killed’):
- Inbound refers to the actions performed against you by enemy hunters, outbound refers to the action against enemy hunter.
- Inbound icons are the familiar white skull for a ‘downed’ event, and red skull for ‘killed’.
- Outbound icons are a variant of the inbound, but with a small bullet hole in the head of the skull (right between the eyes).
- The names of your teammates are now highlighted in blue on the left side of the team details screen.
- Time stamps have been added to the tooltips for each action for a better understanding when they occurred during a mission.
- If there are multiple time stamps, the icon is marked with a small yellow symbol on the bottom right corner.
- Added separate icons for a player carrying either one or two Bounty Tokens.
- Added a ‘bounty extracted’ icon to differentiate between players who picked up bounty at least once during a mission and those who extracted with a bounty token.
Bounty Hunt match time reduction
- The match timer for Bounty Hunt has been reduced to 45 minutes (previously 60 mins).
- Fixed several dedicated server crashes which should reduce disconnects.
- Improvements made to the connection between the dedicated server and the server gateway.
- Improvements made to the dedicated server tolerance level in instances when backend connection is lost to reduce the number of potential disconnects.
- Fixed several potential issues that could cause stutters or sudden FPS drops.
- Improvements made to the light cast from electric lamps to improve performance.
- Various changes made to improve performance.
Weapon Audio Improvements
- Improved the audio tied to distant interior gunshots for better readability over distance. This should make it easy to determine if a shot was fired indoors or outdoors.
General gameplay changes
- Player Spawn improvement: There is now a minimum distance between spawning players of 110m on DeSalle. This avoids some unfair spawn configurations and allows us to place more spawn points in general. This currently only affect spawns in DeSalle as the earlier maps already have larger distances between the spawns.
- When punching an open door to close it, it will now smash through all the way to the other side 180°. If a player is in the way, they might take up to 50 HP damage.
- Increased the rate of fire of the Winfield 1876 Centennial by around 20%.
- Reload speed has been increased to shorten the reload time of the Winfield 1887 Terminus
- Increased the rate of fire of the Winfield 1887 Terminus by around 5%
- Improvements made to the fire animations of the Centennial and Terminus to support the increased rate of fire.
- Minor adjustments made to the ballistics of the long ammo pistol cartridge to slightly reduce the damage dealt at close range but keeping higher damage at slightly longer distances.
- Increased the base damage of the poison ammo to be in line with regular ammo.
- Increased the number of Heavy melee attacks that can be performed with the Heavy Knife before running out of stamina by 1.
- Increased the number of Heavy melee attacks that can be performed with the Saber before running out of stamina by 1.
- Increase the heavy melee damage caused by the Machete:
- Armored can now be killed with two strikes bringing it more inline with the Saber.
- The increased damage also puts more pressure on enemy Hunters to heal faster before bleeding out.
- The Talon heavy melee attack has been reimagined and now acts in the same manner as an attack from a combat axe. However, the number of heavy attacks that can be performed has been reduced from 3 to 2 before running out of stamina.
- Slugs now differentiate between medium and long barreled shotguns, resulting in slightly stronger damage drop over distance with medium barreled shotguns compared to before.
- Slightly reduced the damage dealt by slugs to lower body and limbs. This requires more precise hits to the upper torso in order to perform a kill in one shot.
- Reduce the extra ammo for Slugs by around 30-40%
- Romero 77 reduced to 4 (previously 6).
- Romero 77 Talon reduced to 4 (previously 6).
- Romero 77 Handcannon reduced to 3 (previously 5).
- Romero 77 Hatchet reduced to 3 (previously 5).
- Caldwell Rival 78 reduced to to 5 (previously 8)
- Caldwell Rival 78 Handcannon reduced to 4 (previously 6).
- Specter 1882 reduced to 6 (previously 10).
- Specter 1882 Bayonet reduced to 6 (previously 10).
- Specter 1882 Compact reduced to 5 (previously 8).
- Winfield 1893 Slate reduced to 4 (previously 6)
- Winfield 1887 Terminus reduced to 5 (previously 8)
- Winfield 1887 Terminus Handcannon reduced to 4 (previously 6)
- Crown and King Auto-5 reduced to 4 (previously 6)
- LeMat MK2 reduced to 2 (previously 3).
- The equipment of teammates (active and holstered) is now also highlighted together with the character when teammate outlines are turned on.
- All interactions that do not require to be held over time can now be activated while cooking a throwable (e.g. starting elevators, gathering ammunition, or taking from a loot box).
- All ‘use’ interactions that do not require the action to be held can now be activated while cooking a throwable (e.g. Starting Elevators, gathering ammunition or taking loot).
- Previously players could only interact with doors and window shutters in these situations.
- Leaderboards will be removed from the Main Menu.
- All stats tracked on the Leaderboard will still be visible on your personal profile.
- The Black Market is a new type of shop where the players can purchase Legendary content from several infamous vendors.
- All vendors will have its own theme as well as a specific type of content which players can purchase for the best possible Blood Bonds price in the game.
- Each vendor will have limited stock. Once all items have been purchased, you will no longer be able to interact with the vendor. New offers will be available with future updates
- Each vendor shop will contain an order list of items available for purchase. The order they are unlocked for you will be random, but all items will be visible from the moment the store is available.
- If you already own one of the Legendary item that is on offer, you will then be able to purchase an instance of this hunter/weapon for a reduced Hunt Dollars price. This will then open the next unlock available from that vendor.
- Please note, in order to purchase the Hunter instance, you must have a free hunter slot available.
News Indicator Improvements
- We made some improvements and additions to the news indicator: by clicking on any news indicator in the menu tabs, the whole section / sub-section can be marked as read.
- It is also possible to mark everything as ‘read’ by using a new dedicated button in the options menu. In this case all the indicators disappear through the game.
Other UI Improvements
- Improvements made to the weapons and tools on the death screen.
- Weapons and tools in the 3d preview are now better framed and rotate around their center.
- Blocked off the non-interactive side of the ladders in Hunting Towers for better readability.
- Improved the precision of bullet collision when shooting through metal grids, metal barricades, metal cages, etc.
- Improved player collision of Horse Carts for more consistent vaulting from the drawbar onto the top.
- Darrow Livestock: Removed the cranked gate and replaced it with a wooden sliding door at the entrance to the basement.
- Darrow Livestock: Reworked the Pit area.
- Pitching Crematorium: Added a new staircase entrance (from east approach) to the underground area.
- Pitching Crematorium: Added some higher walls around the main entrance to provide more full body cover for players.
- Stillwater Bend: Reworked the northside underground entrance and its surroundings.
- Port Reeker: Added a new bridge entrance to the middle boss building.
- Port Reeker: Added multiple stairways, connecting the ground level and elevated walkways.
- Alice Farm: Added a new ladder in the silo and a new window entrance to the West barn (spider lair barn). You can now access both roof parts of this barn.
- C&A Lumber: It is no longer possible to access the roofs of the main buildings (the small roof in between the main building and the workshop is still accessible). This change will also close an unfair position that allowed players to shoot south out of the workshop area near the sliding gate.
- C&A Lumber: Added a new ladder entrance under the boss building.
- Salter’s Pork: Added a new tunnel entrance on the East side from the open field to the outer East barn.
- Fort Carmick: Reworked a window on the south-east side of the wall for better visuals, leading, and cover.
- Fort Carmick: Improvements made to the player movement around the large cannons.
- Heritage Pork: Added new spawn points and adjusted the areas around them.
- Heritage Pork: Adjustments made to the existing spawn points and the areas around them.
- Weeping Stone Mill: Added a new hole at the bridge on the west side to vault through.
- Kingsnake Mine: Opened the tunnel’s underneath, providing access to the main and side buildings. This includes a ladder and a long elevator to the main building.
- Fort Bolden: Changed the covered bridge into a new Log Bridge across the riverbed to the southwest.
- Fort Bolden: Added barricades at the high ground next to the west and north-west bridges, providing cover to make it more viable to use the bridges.
- Fort Bolden: Reworked the South-West surroundings for more better visuals and more interesting navigation and combat.
- Fort Bolden: Minor improvements to the north-west tunnel entrance for sightlines and cover.
And that covers the Hunt: Showdown Update 1.9 patch notes. What do you think? Will you lament the absence of Leaderboards? Are you going to be exploring the mine tunnels in DeSalle? Let us know in the Shacknews Chatty comment section below and stay tuned for more Hunt: Showdown coverage!