GameStop will report its Q1 2022 earnings results on June 1, 2022. We have compiled the estimates and expectations for the video game retailer right here. Shares of GameStop have had a volatile first five months of 2022, but only time will tell if the stock is still heading to the moon or not. Please take a look at all of the important metrics and information to pay attention to when GameStop's Q1 2022 earnings release comes out.
GameStop (GME) Q1 2022 earnings and revenue Wall Street expectations
Earnings-per-share (EPS) expectations
- Wall Street high EPS estimate: loss of $0.25/share
- Wall Street mean EPS estimate: loss of $1.45/share
- Wall Street low EPS estimate: loss of $2.49/share
- Wall Street consensus EPS estimate: loss of $1.37/share
- EPS whisper number: There was no whisper number available at the time this article was published.
- Wall Street Mean EPS of a loss of $1.45/share
- Which would be 222% increase from the Q1 2021 loss of $0.45/share
Revenue (sales) expectations
- Wall Street high revenue estimate: $1.4 billion
- Wall Street mean revenue estimate: $1.3 billion
- Wall Street low revenue estimate: $1.2 billion
- Wall Street mean revenue of $1.3 billion
- Which would be flat from Q1 2021 revenues of $1.3 billion
Some interesting data points to note from Wall Street's expectations for GameStop's Q1 2022 results include the very wide array of EPS estimates and the lack of a whisper number. Not a single analyst expects GameStop to report a profit for Q1 2022. It also appears that our friends at Earnings Whispers have just given up on trying to predict GME results, but we will keep an eye on their site tomorrow. GameStop (GME) short interest sits at around 22% according to Yahoo Finance, but many investors believe some games are being played with the share float and hedge fund disclosures. The stock is still classified as "Hard-to-Borrow" with estimated borrowing rates jumping at many different brokers.
As always, we will wait for the actual financial results to be posted by GameStop before we make any judgements. The stock has caught a bid lately, with the release of the GameStop Wallet Chrome extension and murmurs of an imminent launch of the NFT Marketplace.
Lurking…🇨🇦 pic.twitter.com/wnRfJCJMRT— Ryan Cohen (@ryancohen) May 27, 2022
We will be streaming the GameStop (GME) Q1 2022 earnings conference call on our Shacknews Twitch channel, so be sure to give us a follow to be notified when we go live.
This article is only meant for educational purposes, and should not be taken as investment advice. Please consider your own investment time horizon, risk tolerance, and consult with a financial advisor before acting on this information.
At the time of this article, Shacknews primary shareholder Asif A. Khan, his family members, or his company Virtue LLC had the following positions:
Long GameStop via GME shares (partially-hedged with out-of-the-money put options)
Long GameStop via GME call options
Asif Khan posted a new article, GameStop (GME) Q1 2022 earnings and revenue expectations