Welcome to the Shacknews Hall of Fame inaugural class. The Class of 2021 welcomes inductees across a broad range of cateogires, all of which celebrate and pay tribute to 25+ years of influence and activity in the industry and hobby that have influenced so many.
You can read our process and criteria for inductions on the Shacknews Hall of Fame hub page. You can browse each wing of the Shacknews Hall of Fame: Class of 2021 using the navigational buttons at the bottom of each page. An explanation of our categories can be found below.
What are the Categories?
The Shacknews Hall of Fame comprises seven wings, or categories. Those wings and their definitions are:
- Companies: Developers, publishers, and other institutions who have directly or indirectly contributed to the video game industry.
- Extraordinary Thing: Entities connected to the video game industry that influence gaming culture.
- Games: The entertainment software that has touched our lives and advanced the industry.
- Hardware Devices: Consoles, peripherals, and other constructs directly or indirectly linked to the industry.
- Media: Publishers, critics, and other outlets whose coverage has contributed to the advancement of gaming knowledge and culture.
- People: Developers, publishers, composers, designers, and other individuals who have contributed to the industry.
- Software: Programs that facilitate game development or play between users, or otherwise influence gaming culture.
For further reading, visit the Shacknews Hall of Fame hub page, and look forward to the unveiling of the Shacknews Hall of Fame: Class of 2022 on Friday, December 16, 2022.