Digital Extremes’ massively popular sci-fi shooter Warframe just got a new update a couple of weeks ago on the PC and now the update is ready to launch on Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch. Dubbed Saint of Altra, the new update brings loads of new content for players, including an expansion of the Disrupter mode, new weapons, new cosmetics, a new emote, and a new Warframe.
The biggest news to come from the Saint of Altra update is the new Warframe, known as Gauss. Players who have a need for speed will find lots to like with Gauss, who builds power from moving. By keeping the Speed Gauge, Gauss can quickly recharge shields and decrease recharge delay. A full list of the 41st Warframe’s abilities are as follows:
- Never stop moving. Keeping Gauss in motion generates an electrical current that charges his Speed Gauge, helping Shields recharge up to 80% faster, and decreasing recharge delay up to 80%.
- Burst into a hyper-sprint to bowl over enemies and charge the battery, or crash into solid objects to generate a powerful shockwave. Hold to rush continuously.
- Generate armor plating that converts a portion of absorbed Kinetic Damage into Energy, and protects Gauss from being staggered or knocked down. Damage Resistance is relative to battery level.
- Siphon kinetic energy from the area, charging the battery and inflicting Cold Status on nearby enemies. Hold reverses the process, draining the battery and inflicting Heat Status on nearby enemies.
- Push Gauss’ battery beyond the redline, supercharging his Abilities and setting Fire Rate, Attack Speed, Reload Speed, and Holster Rate into overdrive. When past the redline, bolts of arcing electricity dance periodically from Gauss, exploding en masse when the ability is deactivated.
In addition to the all-new Warframe, Disruptor mode gets new content. Disruptor missions can now appear across different nodes and tilesets as well as new challenges and rewards. A few new weapons also arrive with Saint of Altra, as well as the new Shawzin Emote that allows players to become the bard of the cosmos.
Warframe players on Nintendo Switch should know that the new update requires additional disk space. Because of this, the Switch version of the game will see a remastering of the game’s shaders in order to gain back some disk space. While the initial update download will show at 2.5GB, the disk space used after installation will be much smaller thanks to the shader optimization. You will need at least 2.5GB of free space to install the update and the process will take longer than normal due to the optimization.