There all manners of The Sims 4 cheats that help players get free money or modify their character's skills and attributes. The process involves opening the cheat console and typing in a specific command, and there are cheat codes that control everything from aspirations and careers to basic needs and buffs. Keep reading to learn more about how cheats work in The Sims 4 and find a complete list of all cheats available across PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
The Sims 4 Cheats | PC, PS4, and Xbox One
While the Electronic Arts website for The Sims 4 specifies that not all cheat codes will work across PC and consoles, we've found that they're largely identical across all platforms. It's possible that some codes won't work on PS4 or Xbox One, but they should all work on PC. Players should also note that most of the cheats first require testingcheats to be enabled in the console, though that's not true for all of them.
|Table of Contents|
|How to use the cheat console in The Sims 4|
|The Sims 4 cheats list|
|Skill cheats||Relationship cheats||Trait cheats|
For convenience, we've laid out the table above with quick links to each list of Sims 4 cheat codes, including a master list of the game's general cheats as well as specific lists for skills, relationships, careers, and even codes introduced with DLC packs such as The Sims 4 Seasons. Readers can also use the jump links at the end of each subsection to return to the table of contents. Now, onto the cheats.
The Sims 4 cheat codes and console commands
Players looking to cheat in The Sims 4 will find a complete list of cheat codes below. Users will note that many of the cheats have variables or toggles that must be defined by the player.
|aspirations.complete_current_milestone||Completes the Sim's current active aspiration milestone.|
|bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement||Unlocks all career rewards in the Buy Mode. Items must still be purchased.|
|bb.moveobjects||Disables rules governing object placement.|
|careers.demote [career name]||Gives the Sim a demotion in the listed career.|
|careers.promote [career name]||Gives the Sim a promotion in the listed career.|
|careers.remove_career [career name]||Causes a Sim to abandon the listed career.|
|cas.fulleditmode||Opens the full Sim character creation menu.|
|crafting.shorten_phases||Decreases the amount of time needed for crafting.|
|death.toggle||Enables or disables death.|
|FreeRealEstate [on/off]||Makes all homes free. Must be entered at world or neighborhood screen.|
|fullscreen||Toggles full screen viewing mode.|
|headlineeffects [on/off]||Enables or disables headline effects such as thought balloons.|
|households.autopay_bills||Uses the Sim's money to pay household bills automatically.|
|motherlode||Grants the player 5,000 Simoleons.|
|resetSim [first name][last name]||Resets the Sim to original stats.|
|sims.give_satisfaction_points [number]||Grants the specified number of satisfaction points to the active Sim.|
|sims.fill_all_commodities||Fill all commodities for the active Sim.|
|sims.modify_funds [number]||Adds a user-defined amount of Simoleons to the current Sim's account.|
|sims.remove_all_buffs||All moodlets for the current Sim are removed. Returns Sim to neutral mood state.|
|sims.spawnsimple [number]||Spawns the specific amount of Sims.|
|stats.fill_all_commodities_household||Fills all commodities for each Sim in the current household.|
|testingcheats [true/false]||Enables or disables cheats.|
|ui.dialog.auto_respond||Automatically scrolls through or "reads" dialog and makes dialog choices.|
The Sims 4 cheat console | How to use the console
Cheats in The Sims 4 are used by entering them into a cheat console. PC players will be familiar with these because they're commonly found in PC games, but players on the PS4 or Xbox One may not be entirely familiar with them.
Here's how to open the cheat console in The Sims 4:
- PC: Press Ctrl + Shift + C
- Mac: Press Command + Shift + C
- PS4: Hold all four shoulder buttons at once (L1 + L2 + R1 + R2)
- Xbox One: Hold all four shoulder buttons at once (LB + LT + RB + RT)
Once the console has been opened, make sure to enable cheats by typing in "testingcheats true." Note that on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, enabling cheats or using cheat codes will disable Achievements/Trophies.
The Sims 4 Skill cheats | Increase skill levels
One of the primary gameplay components of The Sims 4 involves skills, referred to internally as majors. Sims can focus on as many skills as they like, from fishing to writing and music to gaming. Increasing skill level normally takes time and effort, but players can skip all the hard work by making use of the stats.set_skill_level cheat.
Each of the following codes are used by typing out the stats.set_skill_level cheat, defining a major, then setting a number value between 1 and 10. Doing so will allow players to set a Sim's proficiency in any given field to the specified level. Note that children only have four core skill groups that are modified with the Skill_Child codes featured at the end of the list.
- stats.set_skill_level Major_VideoGaming 5 sets the Video Gaming skill to level 5.
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Writing 10 maxes out the Writing skill.
The Sims 4 Relationship cheats | Modify romance and friendship
Relationships in The Sims 4 are built around two primary categories: Friendship and Romance. Sims can become normal platonic friends with one another and can also build a romantic relationship with one another. Players who want to modify or increase relationship levels between Sims need to make use of these two modifyrelationship codes:
- modifyrelationship [first name][last name] [first name][last name] [#] Ltr_Friendship_main
- modifyrelationship [first name][last name] [first name][last name] [#] Ltr_Romance_main
In both instances, the first set of names belongs to Sim number one, while the second set refers to Sim number two. The number before "ltr" refers to the relationship level itself, where 0 is the minimum and 10 is the maximum.
- modifyrelationship John McClane Holly Gennero 10 Ltr_Romance_main would max out the Romance level between two Sims named John McClane and Holly Gennero.
- modifyrelationship John McClane Hans Gruber 0 Ltr_Friendship_main would effectively end the friendship between two Sims named John McClane and Hans Gruber.
The Sims 4 Trait cheats | Add or remove traits
When creating a Sim in The Sims 4, players have the option to select three specific traits. These personality modifiers are often doubled-edged, providing bonuses in some situations and penalties in others. While traits are typically locked after being chosen in the creation menu, players can change their Sim's traits by using the traits.equip_trait and traits.remove_trait cheats.
The following traits can be added or removed by typing either the equip or remove trait cheat followed by the name of the trait itself. Note that in some cases, players may be required to re-type "trait_" before the cheat modifier in order for the code to work. Find examples of both styles after the following list.
- Alluring (Love Aspiration)
- Business_Savvy (Fortune Aspiration)
- Collector (Nature Aspiration)
- Dastardly (Deviance Aspiration)
- EssenceOfFlavor (Foodie Aspiration)
- Gregarious (Popularity Aspiration)
- High_Metabolism (Athletic Aspiration)
- HomeTurf (Location Aspiration)
- Insane (Erratic)
- Muser (Creativity Aspiration)
- Quick_Learner (Knowledge Aspiration)
- CatLover (Cats and Dogs)
- DanceMachine (Get Together)
- DogLover (Cats and Dogs)
- Insider (Get Together)
- Paranoid (trangerVille)
- SelfAbsorbed (Get Famous)
- Squeamish (Outdoor Retreat)
- Unflirty (City Living)
- Vegetarian (City Living)
Reward Store traits:
- BurningMan (Seasons DLC)
- ColdAcclimation (Seasons DLC)
- GreatStoryteller (Outdoor Retreat)
- HeatAcclimation (Seasons DLC)
- IceMan (Seasons DLC)
- IncrediblyFriendly (Outdoor Retreat)
- StormChaser (Seasons DLC)
- StovesandGrillsMaster (Outdoor Retreat)
- Waterproof (Seasons DLC)
- traits.equip_trait Creative will apply the Creative trait to the active Sim.
- traits.remove_trait Evil will remove the Evil trait from the active Sim.
- traits.equip_trait trait_Geek (alternate form) will equip the Geek trait to the active Sim.
This list of all cheats in The Sims 4 should help players make the most out of Maxis' hugely popular life simulation video game. For the absolute latest coverage, including fresh news, detailed guides and more, be sure to stop by Shacknews' The Sims 4 home page.