The Twitch Rivals Apex Legends Tournament is going down this week, testing the mettle of some of the world's best streamers. Apex Legends has only been out in the wild for a week, but the top streamers on Twitch are already getting to work on who the best players in the world are. The participants range from well-known variety streamers to hardened esports ringers and all of them are vying for their share of $200,000.
For the uninitiated, Twitch Rivals Apex Legends sees 16 teams of three jump into Apex Legends throughout a designated time period. Across that time, they'll rack up five points for every team win and one point for every kill they manage to score.
February 12 saw the European and North American participants do battle, with a second chance to rack up more points next week. Here's how the standings look after the first week:
- 1. Kings Canyon (King Richard, Ninja, Dizzy): 420 points (13 wins, 355 kills)
- 2. Reids Money Team (chocotaco, vsnz, huskerrs): 419 points (10 wins, 369 kills)
- 3. The Broys (Shroud, Skadoodle, Just9n): 383 points (9 wins, 338 kills)
- 4. Team Pepega (Lirik, shortyyguy, Seagull): 368 points (10 wins, 313 kills)
- 5. VissRespect the Kraft (DrDisrespect, TSM_Viss, RealKraftyy): 336 points (11 wins, 281 kills)
- 6. Summit, Josh & Buhbye (Summit1g, JoshOG, Buhhbye): 323 points (9 wins, 278 kills)
- 7. The 95 Blockbuster Champions (TimTheTatman, HighDistortion, Jay3): 295 points (8 wins, 255 kills)
- 8. Team MDK (Annemunition, Bnans, lil_lexi): 131 points (3 wins, 116 kills)
- 1. Team MANE (Gotaga, Mickalow, Robi): 399 points (12 wins, 339 kills)
- 2. Team Nordics (Forsen, kowa, orb): 362 points (10 wins, 312 kills)
- 3. POG TEAM (Welovegames, i1ame_ru, makataO): 305 points (9 wins, 260 kills)
- 4. ZF (Cyanideplaysgames, Sombrero, Edberg): 290 points (9 wins, 245 points)
- 5. Team APEXTOSOS (Lolitofdez, Rubius, Xisma): 257 points (9 wins, 212 kills)
- 6. the Kingsmen (Sacriel, Stodeh, Break): 251 points (9 wins, 206 kills)
- 7. Die drei agilen Konige o7 (Mcky, Trymacs, xHankyy): 163 points (2 wins, 153 kills)
- 8. Salty Sandwich (JimPanseee, MeLoOniE, Maihopawango): 141 points (4 wins, 121 kills)
These teams will return next Tuesday, February 19 and look to add to their totals, with Europe starting at 9AM PT and North America starting at 2PM PT. Find more information on the Smash.gg event page. Those interested in following along can watch these players on their individual Twitch channels or follow from Twitch HQ by watching on the Twitch Rivals channel. For those who are interested in getting into Apex Legends for themselves, it is free to play right now on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. If you're looking for more news or even some pointers, be sure to follow our continuing coverage of Respawn's battle royale shooter.
Ozzie Mejia posted a new article, Twitch Rivals Apex Legends tournament standings after Week 1
I <3 Team Pepega
Can't believe they screwed up the team name on Reid's Money Crew.. amateur hour over at Rivals.
Dang, seems like wins should be worth more. I never watched ninja play, guess he has some skillz.
If you watched it then you would have seen it was Dizzy with the insane skills. Not to say Ninja isn’t good, but Dizzy was on a different level than the entire bracket of players.
This has been great to watch. Apex Legends is super fun to watch!
Do they play against one another, or in random public games?
It was public games, because the game doesn’t support custom games yet. Honestly it wasn’t that fun to watch other than to highlight some insanely good players. I think Dizzy was the one who came out of nowhere for a lot of people.
But yeah I hope to see a proper tournament soon.