The second Overwatch League season is just a few months away from kicking off. Blizzard is looking to improve on the first season with some new teams, while also preparing for the league's future beyond Season 2. On Wednesday, the full 2019 schedule was revealed.
As has been the case through the entirety of the first season, the regular season will be contested at the Blizzard Arena in Burbank, CA. But while a majority of all four stages of the regular season will take place inside Burbank, Blizzard is gradually preparing for individual teams to host their own Overwatch League series in their home cities. According to the Overwatch League website, three teams will experiment with hosting their first homestand series to prep for the future. Here's what to expect on that end:
- April 27-38: The Dallas Fuel will host the Chengdu Hunters, Hangzhou Spark, Houston Outlaws, London Spitfire, Paris Eternal, Los Angeles Valiant, and Seoul Dynasty inside the Allen Event Center. Registration for early ticket sales is up and running on the Dallas Fuel website.
- July 6-7: The Atlanta Reign will host the Florida Mayhem, Guangzhou Charge, New York Excelsior, Philadelphia Fusion, Shanghai Dragons, Toronto Defiant, and Washington Justice. The exact venue will be revealed soon.
- August 24-25: The Los Angeles Valiant will move across L.A. County and host the Atlanta Reign, Boston Uprising, Dallas Fuel, Hangzhou Spark, Los Angeles Gladiators, New York Excelsior, Vancouver Titans, San Francisco Shock, and Shanghai Dragons inside The Novo by Microsoft at L.A. Live.
As for the season schedule, with new expansion teams on the block, each team will continue to play one to two games per week. The action will begin each week on Thursday and conclude through Sunday, with teams jockeying for position in both the overall season standings and the individual stage standings, the latter of which will offer opportunities to play in the Stage Championship for additional prize money.
Here's a look at Week 1 of the 2019 Overwatch League:
Thursday, February 14
- Philadelphia Fusion vs. London Spitfire - 4PM PT
- New York Excelsior vs. Boston Uprising - 5:30PM PT
- Seoul Dynasty vs. Los Angeles Gladiators - 7PM PT
- Shanghai Dragons vs. Hangzhou Spark - 8:30PM PT
Friday, February 15
- Toronto Defiant vs. Houston Outlaws - 4PM PT
- Atlanta Reign vs. Florida Mayhem - 5:30PM PT
- Dallas Fuel vs. San Francisco Shock - 7PM PT
- Chengou Hunters vs. Guangzhou Charge - 8:30PM PT
Saturday, February 16
- London Spitfire vs. Paris Eternal - 12PM PT
- Washington Justice vs. New York Excelsior - 1:30PM PT
- Los Angeles Valiant vs. Hangzhou Spark - 3PM PT
- Vancouver Titans vs. Shanghai Dragons - 4:30PM PT
Sunday, February 17
- Houston Outlaws vs. Boston Uprising - 12PM PT
- Philadelphia Fusion vs. Atlanta Reign - 1:30PM PT
- San Francisco Shock vs. Los Angeles Gladiators - 3PM PT
- Seoul Dynasty vs. Dallas Fuel - 4:30PM PT
The full regular season schedule, which goes through August 25 this year, can be found on the Overwatch League website.
Eight new expansion teams have joined the Overwatch League this season. The London Spitfire enter Season 2 as the defending Overwatch League champions and will kick off the season with a Grand Finals rematch against the runner-up Philadelphia Fusion.
Keep it on Shacknews for more on the upcoming Overwatch League season, including full Season 2 rosters as soon as they're all finalized.
Ozzie Mejia posted a new article, Overwatch League lays out full Season 2 schedule
I enjoyed OWL when I watched it, but my biggest problem was I couldn't really attach myself to a team in order to invest myself more. Need a Nashville team!
With the shortened match time, I'm hoping they are cutting down on all the time wasting between matches with "commentary"