Over the last two years, Pokemon fans have been living out the dream of being the very best, like no one ever was, by collecting the iconic pocket monsters through the real world via Pokemon Go. With Pokemon: Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee now available, audiences once again have the opportunity to embark on a journey through the beloved Kanto region. Pokemon Let’s Go allows players to take the creatures they've caught in Pokemon Go along with them on a more traditional Pokemon adventure. However, the process of obtaining sending Pokemon from mobile to the Nintendo Switch can be convuluted, so we’re here to walk you through it.
How to transfer Pokemon from Pokemon Go into Pokemon: Let's Go
The transferring of Pokemon into Pokemon Let’s Go is done through the newly added Go Parks. Each Go Park holds up to 50 Pokemon. Multiply this number by the 20 available parks and you’ve got yourself 1,000 potential slots to store those sweet creatures. These parks are located in the northeastern part of Fuchsia City, taking the place of the Safari Zone. Since these games are reimaginings of Pokemon Red and Blue, it’s important to note that only the original 151 Pokemon (excluding legendaries and event Pokemon) can be transferred into Let’s Go.
How to connect Pokemon Go account to Nintendo Switch
There are two different ways to go about connecting your Pokemon Go account to your Nintendo Switch:
To connect both games through Pokemon: Let’s Go:
- Press the X button to open the Pause menu.
- Press Y to open the Settings menu.
- Select the listing for Pokemon Go, then press “Yes” to confirm the pairing.
- Ensure that the account information is accurate, then select "Yes" again to pair the game with Pokemon GO
To connect the games from within Pokemon Go:
- Tap on the Pokeball icon.
- From the Settings menu, select “Nintendo Switch.”
- Choose “Connect to Nintendo Switch.”
Special thanks to AllGamers for outlining the specific account linking process.
How to transfer Pokemon into Pokemon: Let's Go
Now that you’ve linked your Pokemon Go app to your Switch, you’re ready to transfer Pokemon into Let’s Go. Make sure your Switch is turned on before you begin the transfer process. Also, be aware that transferring Pokemon is a one-way deal; once they’ve been sent to Let’s Go, they can’t be sent back.
- Open Pokemon Go.
- Tap on the Pokeball icon, then choose “Pokemon.”
- Tap the Nintendo Switch icon in the top right corner of the screen
- Select the Pokemon you wish to transfer. (You can choose multiple at once by pressing and holding)
- Press "Yes" to confirm your choices, then tap "OK" to confirm the transfer.
In Pokemon Go, you’ll receive a candy for each Pokemon you transfer, similar to what happens when you send creatures to professor Willow. Now it’s time to receive the transferred Pokemon in Let’s Go. Here's how the process works:
- Make your way to the Go Parks in Fuchsia City.
- Talk to the receptionist and select “Bring Pokemon.”
- Choose an area for the Pokemon to be sent.
- Select “Pick up,” then select “Yes” to confirm your selection.
Time to head into the park and catch those Pokemon! That’s how it’s done. If you’re looking for more helpful guides for Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee, perhaps check out our guides concerning the fishing rod in Pokemon: Let's Go, as well as our guide to all of the game's Berries and their uses.