Borderlands: Game Of The Year Edition Outed By Korean Ratings Board

Xbox One and PS4 owners will finally have the chance to experience Claptrap’s maiden voyage.


Way back in September 2017, we reported that 90% of Gearbox was working on the still unannounced Borderlands 3 project. We may now know what the other 10% of the studio was working on. According to a listing from the Korean Game Rating Board, Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition is soon to be released for the Xbox One, PS4, and PC. Originally released back in 2009, Borderlands gave the gaming world a taste of the loot shooting genre that would soon become very popular with big publishers and gamers through games like Destiny and The Division.

While Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel received the remaster treatment for the current generation of consoles in 2015 as part of The Handsome Collection, the original game was conspicuously absent. Assuming the listing from the Korean Game Rating Board is accurate, the original game will join its siblings by the end of this year. Steam is still selling the original Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition for PC. It is unknown if this update will be given to owners of the PC version or if the remaster is substantial enough to warrant a new purchase.

Shacknews recently broke the story that Borderlands 3 would not be shown at E3, though it is likely that the game will make its public debut sooner or later.

Contributing Tech Editor

Chris Jarrard likes playing games, crankin' tunes, and looking for fights on obscure online message boards. He understands that breakfast food is the only true food. Don't @ him.

From The Chatty
  • reply
    May 31, 2018 10:10 AM

    Chris Jarrard posted a new article, Borderlands: Game Of The Year Edition Outed By Korean Ratings Board

    • reply
      May 31, 2018 10:17 AM

      Fine if it is like $20. No more.

    • reply
      May 31, 2018 10:20 AM

      You've got a lot of nerve reporting on this. I guess embargoes really are meaningless.

      • reply
        May 31, 2018 11:04 AM

        What? It's public information lmao

        • reply
          May 31, 2018 11:08 AM

          Just making fun of the Gearbox E3 situation.

    • reply
      May 31, 2018 12:42 PM

      :( so I take it this is not a remake?

      I have to say Gearbox is missing out on a massive opportunity to make proper remakes of all three Borderlands games(1, 2, prequel) using the their new Borderlands 3 engine. It would show their impressive tech, impress their fans, gain respect, satisfy their hunger and most importantly buy their time for their release of Borderlands 3.

      If they did this they could score massive fan service + respect + confidence and also sit back and take note on what RAGE 2 does(if needed) and make sure they are all good with Borderlands 3 release and it's content, design, graphics and what ever else is needed to impress and stand out from RAGE 2.

      Still crushed + gutted that Borderlands 3 is not in some form at E3 :(

Hello, Meet Lola