This time of year is always hectic as we get a rapid-fire of events from CES to SXSW to GDC and, now, PAX East. There are always a few surprises found during the event, but developers and publishers start up the hype train with schedules of the games they’ll be bringing along and Nintendo has revealed their full schedule.
A couple hit franchises, Dark Souls: Remastered and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, are coming to the Switch for the first time, and Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes serves up a cult classic as a platform exclusive. Suda51, the great mind behind Travis Strikes Again, will be at the Shacknews booth at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday during PAX East.
Not only is Nintendo bringing some popular mainstream heavy hitters, the company is continuing their championing of indie developers with a slew of Nindies at their booth. Dead Cells, a rogue-lite Metroidvania title that’s in early access on PC currently and earned honorable mention honors in our 2017 Best of series, was revealed to be coming to Nintendo Switch back in January and will be playable on the platform for the first time at PAX East 2018. Here’s the full schedule of games:
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze from Nintendo
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition from Nintendo
- Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido from Nintendo
- Dark Souls: Remastered from Bandai Namco Entertainment
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus from Bethesda Softworks
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes from Grasshopper Manufacture and Suda51
- SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy from NIS America
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy from Activision
- Just Shapes & Beats from Berzerk Studio
- Dead Cells from Motion Twin
- The Messenger from Sabotage and Devolver Digital\
- Lumines Remastered from Enhance Games
- Runner3 from Choice Provisions
- West of Loathing from Asymmetric
- Pool Panic from Adult Swim Games
- Pode from Henchman & Goon
- Garage from tinyBuild Games
- Next Up Hero from Aspyr Media and Digital Continue
Hit us in the Chatty to share which titles you’re most excited for. Don’t be afraid to share your theories on what Nintendo may surprise us all with as well.
Charles Singletary posted a new article, Travis Strikes Again, Dead Cells Spotted On Nintendo's PAX East 2018 Schedule