As promised, the Fallout 4 high-resolution texture pack is now available for free for the discerning PC enthusiast with a super rig. It still looks like the same game you know and love, just not as fuzzy.
User kami7 on the Fallout 4 reddit posted several comparison shots showing the differences between the game with and without the pack and you can definitely see the difference.
As a reminder, make sure you have the following specs on your PC, as these are recommended to get the most out of the pack:
- Intel Core i7-5820K or better
- GTX 1080 8GB
- 8GB+ RAM
You will also need 58GB of hard drive space to download this monster addition.
Here are the other patch notes for 1.9:
- Added Featured category for mods
- Added ability to sort Highest Rated and Most Favorited filters by today, week, month and all time
- Added number of ratings count to Mods Browsing Menu
- Added number of favorites count to Mod Details page
- Added required dependencies to Mod Details page
- Added latest version number and notes to Mod Details page
- General performance and stability improvements
- Improvements to Reporting mods categories
- Fixed occasional crashes while scrolling through Load Order menu
- Improved Bethesda.net error messaging
The PS4 Pro support version of the patch, with all of the above changes and fixes, will come out later this week.
John Keefer posted a new article, Fallout 4 Update 1.9's High-Res Texture Pack For PC Now Available
cool. could be neat to romp around for a bit until the next skyrim is out.
uhhh wait. GTX 1080 8GB recommended.... uhhhhhhhhhhh dang son
All the textures on everything.
Downloading now my body is READY!
that is quite a big improvement in texture clarity for sure.
Marginal at best, from what I can see. Definitely nowhere near worth it considering the massive file sizes.
Loaded Fallout 4 for the first time. Game bugged out during my character creation.
Good job Bethesda.