Over the past several weeks, Blizzard has been offering up gameplay videos for each of the characters featured in its upcoming shooter, Overwatch. As it turns out, those aren't the only characters that will grace the game. A new mercenary is stepping onto the battlefield, one known only as Soldier: 76.
Soldier: 76 is a hardened combatant that's out to seek the truth about the fall of the Overwatch organization. As an offense-minded character, he brings along with him a heavy arsenal of firepower. That includes the following:
- Heavy Pulse Rifle - A fully-automatic rifle that unleashes pulse blasts.
- Helix Rockets - Burst rockets that fly out of 76's Pulse Rifle, offering a small area of effect blast.
- Sprint - Allows 76 to dash forward, but only forward in a straight line, to help him escape hairy situations.
- Biotic Field - A biotic emitter that's placed on the ground to heal any nearby allies.
- Tactical Visor (Ultimate) - Locks on to the closest target, allowing 76 to fire away mercilessly.
The full story of Soldier: 76 can be found on Battle.net. Look for him to join the ranks of the Overwatch fighters when the game reaches its beta later this fall. For more, check out the two videos below.
Ozzie Mejia posted a new article, Overwatch gets infiltrated by Soldier: 76
Is that Lance Henriksen doing the voice??????