Ultra Street Fighter 4 on PlayStation 4 launched a couple of weeks ago, with Capcom hoping for it to be the definitive version of the series. It was not, to say the least. With many fans voicing their displeasure, the publisher immediately got to work on a patch and now it appears to be ready.
The 1.02 patch was quietly deployed this morning, with the users at NeoGAF collecting the patch notes. They include:
- Reduced Interface lag within menus
- Addressed disappearing projectiles
- Fix Decapre's teleport animation
- Fixed missing SFX for Red Focus Attack
- Fix Rolento audio glitch during victory screen
- Fixed Akuma's stomp SFX not playing
- Addressed bottom portion of the ON/OFF text being cutoff under the graphics setting in the Options menu
- Removed extra character that was sometimes displayed in the Leaderboards at the end of a player's name even if they have not set it to be there
- Fixed issue when seeking an arcade match-up with LAN cabled disconnected, and then starting up training results in a message ID being displayed
- Addressed online IDs not appearing correctly
- Addresses issue when changing the HP bar's HUD position in Options, the Online ID HUD positions does not move with it, and is displayed at the default position
- Anisotropic Filtering (AF) changes to decrease blur
- Fixed appearance of white box after backing out of a command list menu
- Addressed Fight Request in Arcade Mode (Arcade | Arcade)
That looks to address some of the simpler issues, including the PSN online IDs not showing up, the menu lag, and some of the many animation glitches. Other issues like input lag appear to still be present. The pressure has been on for Capcom to fix this version of the game, since the Evo tournament organizer has threatened to run the Xbox 360 version for July's tournament if these basic problems were not addressed.
But at the very least, no more stuff like this, hopefully.
Ozzie Mejia posted a new article, Ultra Street Fighter 4 on PS4 patch addresses multitude of bugs
Really hoping the input lag is something they can solve