The Super Smash Bros-exclusive Nintendo Direct revealed some more new info regarding stages for both the Wii U and 3DS of Nintendo's fighter. And some of them will include bosses that pop out in the middle of a game.
The stages for the 3DS version will include:
- Reset Bomb Forest (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
- 3D Land (Super Mario 3D Land)
- Spirit Train (The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks)
- Gerudo Valley (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
- Arena Ferox (Fire Emblem)
- Tortimer Island (Animal Crossing)
- Living Room (Nintendogs)
- Prism (Pokemon)
- Rainbow Road (Mario Kart)
- Find Mii
- Balloon Fight
- Jungle Japes (Donkey Kong Country)
Meanwhile, the Wii U version will include:
- Mario Galaxy
- Pyrosphere (Metroid)
- Town and City (Animal Crossing)
- Boxing Ring (Punch-Out!!)
- Skyloft (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
- Windy Hill (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Garden of Hope (Pikmin 3)
- Wii Fit Studio
- Palutena's Temple (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
- Halberd (Kirby's Adventure)
- Wiley Castle (Mega Man 2)
Each of the 3DS stages will feature two musical tracks, while the Wii U stages will feature several selectable tracks, just as in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Most interestingly, some stages will feature boss battles that pop up in the middle of a round. One example shown was the giant Yellow Devil boss from Mega Man 2 popping up in Wiley Castle. Players had to gang up on it to take it down, but the player that deals the final blow will be able to use the subsequent explosion as an offensive blow against other players. Other bosses were teased, as well, as viewers were treated to what appeared to be a Ridley shadow flying by.
Ozzie Mejia posted a new article, Super Smash Bros stages introduce bosses.
Today's Nintendo Direct revealed many of the stages for both the 3DS and Wii U version, while also introducing boss battles.
That boss from Mega Man is my favorite boss of all time. This is going to rock.