Happy Thursday, Shacknews! As we do every Thursday, it's time for Pop! Goes the Culture! Here, we'll discuss what's new in the movie and television world with hosts Donovan and Greg. Today’s episode will be a bit special as Donovan is currently away on assignment at PAX East. Filling in for him will be Shakcnews Community Manager/Social Media Wizard DennyVonDoom.
Episode 62 of Pop! Goes the Culture! goes live on the Shacknews Twitch Channel today at 1 p.m. PT/4 p.m. ET. The stream is available to watch right here using the embed below.
Here’s a rundown of some of the news topics featured on today’s Pop! Goes the Culture!:
- Netflix loses subscribers for the first time following the Russian blockage
- Stranger Things costs as much as $30 million per episode
- Neilsen data suggests that people like streaming video
- Maybe don’t antagonize Mike Tyson
- Disney sends out a new Lightyear trailer
- CNN+ doesn’t live long enough to see its 1-month birthday
- Everyone loves Thor: Love and Thunder
- Plus reviews corner with The Batman, Moon Knight, and more!
Thank you for joining us this week (and every other week) to discuss movies and TV. If you're looking for another way to support Shacknews, you can do so by subscribing to our channel, which you can do at no additional cost through Prime Gaming.
Find your seats and silence your cellphones. It’s time for episode 62 of Pop! Goes the Culture!