With Horizon Forbidden West finally out and available to PlayStation players, Guerrilla Games continues to put in work after the fact to make sure Aloy’s latest open world adventure is as good as it can be. The studio has released a few patches since launch and the latest one is out now. Horizon Forbidden West Patch 1.09 fixes up a few main and side quest bugs that were likely blocking progress if you ran into them. Check out the full patch notes here.
Horizon Forbidden West Patch 1.09 notes
Guerrilla Games launched the Horizon Forbidden West Patch 1.09 along with patch notes to go with it on March 30, 2022. The headliner among this set of patch notes is the squishing of a number of progress-blocking main quest and side quest bugs, such as one that was causing players to respawn in “out of bounds” territory when engaging with the Kappa Cauldron. Further notes can be found below.
Fixers and Improvements
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest "The Dying Lands" where machines would stay stuck behind an energy shield.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest "The Broken Sky" where the player could get stuck in invisible collision.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest "The Broken Sky" where Dekka would be standing behind the throne and cannot be interacted with.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest "The Second Verse" where Zo would not be in Plainsong after completing all Main Quests.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest "Drowned Hopes" where the player could "pry open" rocks from the wrong side, breaking progression.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest "The Deluge" where Aloy could become stuck in the ground under water after igniting firegleam.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest "The Deluge" where Snapmaws could become stuck inside a wall, out of Aloy's reach.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest "Thirst for the Hunt" where the quest did not update after killing the Thunderjaw.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest "Lofty Ambitions" where Morlund could conveniently get stuck in a rock, leaving Aloy to take on the Stormbird on her own while he cheered her on from safety.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest "In the Fog" where the memorial marker could not be found in Scrap Piles.
- Fixed an issue where alternating between Side Quest "What was lost" and Errand Quest "First to Fly" would cause Kotallo to be unable to be interacted with.
- Fixed an issue in Errand Quest "Supply Drop" where Littay would become stuck underneath the terrain.
- Fixed an issue in Errand Quest "Shining Example" where the player could block progression by destroying the metal flower's vines before the "Destroy the Metal Flower's Vines" mission objective shows up.
- Fixed an issue in Errand Quest "Sons of Prometheus Data" where the ambushers took the term ‘ghosted’ to a new level and are no longer present after dying.
- Fixed an issue in Cauldron "Kappa" where the player could respawn in an out of bounds area.
- Fixed an issue in Rebel Camp "First Forge" where reloading a specific save game would spawn the player underneath the terrain.
- Fixed an issue in Salvage Contract "Colleague and Key" where the player would get stuck in an "Examine the Disc Launcher" animation.
- Fixed an issue in Relic Ruin "The Dry Yearn" where the railroad cart could get stuck behind a piece of rubble.
- Fixed an issue in Relic Ruin "The Long Coast" where a pullable crate can get stuck in the water.
- Fixed an issue where the Black Boxes could not be picked up.
- Fixed an issue where the Black Boxes could not be handed in with Untalla.
- Fixed issues when remapping specific button actions.
- Further improvements related to shimmering/sharpness.
- Performance and Stability
- Loading screen reductions.
- Crash fixes.
- Localization and spelling fixes.
- Fixed several issues that prevented 100% completion in the Notebook. Completionists rejoice!
- Fixed several issues where the player could escape from a boss fight with a mount.
- Fixed an issue where customizations to the Hunter's Kit would not persist after restarting save.
- Rebalanced several combat mechanics
- Fixed multiple Music issues.
We are currently looking into several issues reported by the community. Please note that these issues are not yet fixed in this patch, but our teams are aware of them and they’re being investigated.
- The team continues to make tweaks to the game's content with the goal to reduce visual shimmering.
- During Side Quest ‘Blood Choke’, Atekka does not use the ballista.
- The ‘Upgraded Every Pouch Type’ Trophy does not unlock for some players after upgrading each Pouch type - please note, for this trophy you will need to have the Food Pouch which is collected after purchasing food from a chef.
- Certain Firegleam and Metal Flower Icons remain after being found/used.
That covers the patch notes for Horizon Forbidden West Patch 1.09. Want to read more? Check out our Horizon Forbidden West coverage for guides and further news, or check out our Shacknews review to see our full thoughts on the game.
TJ Denzer posted a new article, Horizon Forbidden West Patch 1.09 notes fix Cauldron Kappa respawn bug