Destiny 2 is a pretty great game, but as with any game full of live content that is constantly evolving, there’s always the chance something will break in unforeseen ways as new content is introduced. Such is the case with the Scorch Cannon barriers in the Fallen Walker public event, which was repelling players and preventing them from turning the event Heroic. That’s one of a few fixes on the slate in Destiny 2 Hotfix 188.8.131.52, and we’ve got the full patch notes right here.
Updated September 16, 2021, @ 11:47 a.m. PT: The full and expanded patch notes have been posted by Bungie and listed below as well. We have also confirmed the Scorch Cannon fix, despite its omission from the official patch notes.
Destiny 2 Hotfix 184.108.40.206 patch notes
Bungie started deploying the Hotfix 220.127.116.11 during server maintenance on September 16, 2021. Alongside the announcement of the pending maintenance, Bungie also provided notes which speak to a general list of issues addressed in this hotfix. Topline among them is a fix for Scorch Cannons in the Fallen Walker public event. The barriers on these cannons were repelling players, which could prevent them from doing the steps necessary to make the event Heroic and get better rewards out of it.
There were quite a few other fixes on the way too. Check out the full list of notes below:
Gameplay and Investment
- Fixed an issue where Precious Scars was not correctly restoring player shields on matching weapon kills.
- Increased the effect of both the impact and detonation of Explosive Light on Rocket Launchers to now increase damage by 25%.
- Fixed an issue where Danger Zone was not functioning correctly on Rocket Launchers.
- Increase the cooldown of Shoot to Loot to four seconds.
- This is a temporary measure to prevent shooting a brick that can't be picked up to trigger the auto-reload.
- Fixed an issue where ammo picked up by players could be quickly shot with Shoot to Loot to get additional ammo.
- Fixed an issue where an interaction between Hawkmoon and Hand Cannon Holster allowed for repeated Paracausal shots.
- Fixed an issue with Ager's Scepter where a player’s Super wouldn't drain while in empowered mode.
- Fixed issue where a gilding Triumph could be completed before the base title Seal was claimed.
- Fixed issue where the Wyvern precision kill objective wasn't progressing as intended.
Platforms and Systems
- Fixed an issue where selecting the Beyond Light Deluxe Edition upgrade from the Timeline took players to the full Deluxe Edition page instead of the upgrade page on the Steam store.
- Fixed an issue where Windows 7 users were unable to launch the game due to some incompatible *.dll files.
- Fixed an issue with Japanese translations of a few lore entries.
- Fixed an issue where several languages did not have a description for the Seasonal artifact.
- Fixed an issue where the Xunyou offer was not rewarding the correct items.
Attention!: The following note was left off of Hotfix 18.104.22.168's official patch notes although included in advance patch notes: "The barriers around the Scorch Cannons in the Fallen Walker public event will no longer repel players." We have tested this fix and can confirm that it is indeed present as of the current update despite omission from the official notes.
That concludes the list of changes coming to Destiny 2 in Hotfix 22.214.171.124. As the patch rolls out, look for these changes, especially if you’ve been having issues with the matters they address. Need help with the working ends of the game? Be sure to check out our full Destiny 2 walkthrough and strategy guide, including deep-dive guides into various aspects of the Season of the Lost.