Valorant update 2.09 is out, and adds a series of changes and fixes to Riot Games tactical FPS. Viper gets a nerf, and the new Replication game mode has been added.
Valorant update 2.09 patch notes
- The instant decay inflicted when entering Viper’s smoke or crossing her wall, reduced from 50 to 30
- Blocked vision of the gaps above Mid-Wood Doors and A Metal Doors
- Smoothed player collision in various locations
Game System Updates
- Added tactical timeouts to Tournament Mode Custom Games
- 2 tactical timeouts can be called per game, per team.
- Tactical timeouts last 60 seconds.
- Tactical timeouts freeze all player movements for the duration of the timeout.
- For technical pauses, the standard Pause Match Timer option is still available.
- Improved the visual synchronization of bullet tracers and impact effects for Observers
- This should fix most cases where it looks like a player is killed before a bullet reaches them in our esports viewing experience.
- Adjusted color of placeable utility on the minimap to match team color for Observers
- Adjusted color of names in player loadout HUD to match team color
- Spaced the End Game Phase and Pause Match Timer options in Custom Games to
- Improved feel on rope ascenders in high latency situations
- Minor performance optimizations to UI in matches
- Added team colors for placed Agent abilities, for observers
- Fixed issue where Astra’s Nebula was slightly offset once fully formed
- Fixed bullet impacts on Sova’s Owl Drone wings appearing in the wrong locations
- Fixed issues across multiple Agents with incorrect damage icons for abilities showing up
in the killfeed
- Fixed issue where Killjoy’s Nanoswarm audio would cut off if it was destroyed right after
- Fixed an issue where Skye’s Seekers did not show how many enemies were affected in the
- Omen can no longer drop the Spike or weapons while casting From the Shadows
- Fixed an issue where Killjoy’s Alarmbot would display flashed visual effects while
- Fixed an issue where weapons could be instantly reloaded after spamming orb pickups
Thanks for raising this issue here!
- Fixed an issue where sound was lowered by 5dB
- Fixed 1P snow impacts that occurred rarely in gun fights
- Fixed a number of exploits around the map
- Fixed an issue where players could sandwich themselves in between Sage’s wall and the
Mechanical Doors on Breeze (or Ascent)
- Fixed a bug that was causing a player’s leaderboard rank to not show up on their Act
- Fixed a bug that was showing the ranked rating threshold on the leaderboard for
Only the current Act should show a ranked rating threshold bar from now on.