Paradox Interactive kept the PDXCON 2019 hype train humming along with another announcement about Surviving the Aftermath. The game is now available in Early Access on Xbox Game Preview and Epic Games Store for an early-bird discount of $19.99. Check out the PDXCON 2019 Early Access launch trailer.
“Throughout Surviving Mars’ development we learned the importance of listening to our community and their feedback helped elevate that game to new heights,” said Nikhat Ali, Lead Producer on Surviving the Aftermath at Paradox Interactive. “With Surviving the Aftermath we want to get our players involved as early as possible so we can make sure we’re making the game they want to play. We have an ambitious content schedule ahead of us that includes monthly updates where we will incorporate feedback from our players and we’re confident the team at Iceflake is the right team for the job.”
“Surviving the Aftermath is the game we’ve always wanted to make,” Lasse Liljedahl, CEO and Lead Designer at Iceflake Studios, said. “When we pitched our plan to Paradox, they recognized our passion and commitment to making this game the best survival colony builder it can be. We’re beyond thrilled to finally share our dream project with the world and to have the support of one of the industry’s leading publishers.”
Surviving the Aftermath Features:
- No Place Like Home: Build and manage a colony of survivors after a world-ending event. Construct more than 50 unique buildings to handle everything from resource collection and farming to exploration and security. Don’t forget to construct the Gate to venture into the savage world beyond your colony.
- Surviving Earth: Explore a vast procedurally generated world featuring six different biomes filled with exploitable resources, bandits, and more. Each environment has different conditions that will affect your colony’s survival. Stay vigilant: Natural disasters will put your survivors to the test.
- Survival is my Specialty: Recruit over 46 unique Specialists, each with their own skills and motivations, to manage your colony’s resources and production. Send them beyond the Gate on scientific missions, scavenger runs, and to fight bandits.
- Expect the Unexpected: Life in the aftermath requires you to make moral choices. You may not be able to control everything in your colony, but how you respond to situations and emergent events will shape the character of your new civilization.
- Mods: Surviving the Aftermath players can bring their own visions to life using Paradox Mods.
Future updates to Surviving the Aftermath will include combat options and diplomacy between colonies, endgame content, expand tech trees, and a whole lot more. Head over to the official Surviving the Aftermath website to check out the entire content roadmap. Keep it locked on Shacknews for more Surviving the Aftermath news and everything else coming out of PDXCON 2019.
Asif Khan posted a new article, Surviving the Aftermath out now on Epic Games Store Early Access and Xbox Game Preview
I took a plunge on this one, it's relatively cheap and I'm a sucker for city builders/survival. The game reminds me a lot of Frostpunk, but with possibly a lot more options. I'm still early on in, but there looks to be a pretty good sized tech tree and there are lots of customization options for game difficulty.