One of the most popular fishing games available is getting a new standalone release that aims to combine all previously released content into a single package. The Fisherman: Fishing Planet promises to include all the content released for the free-to-play Fishing Planet, as well as a new location, tackle, and more. The new version of the game will be heading to PS4, Xbox One, and PC on October 17.
The Fisherman: Fishing Planet aims to be the ultimate edition of the Fishing Planet experience, drawing on the advancements and progress made by the development team over the life of the free-to-play version of the game. The game’s Steam store page assures prospective buyers that there will be no microtransactions and that this new version will offer an altered progression path, making it easier to access the wide variety of content included. All content released during the life cycle of Fishing Planet is included, plus a new waterway in France, new fish species, and tackle.
The store page feature list is impressive in scope:
- Learn to fish properly by following the training missions or jump straight into the game by trying to lure the biggest fish. The Fisherman adapts to your level.
- Hook 143 different species of fish, each displaying unique and true-to-life behavior.
- Master four different fishing techniques: float fishing, spinning, bottom fishing and trolling.
- From the water spray and ripples to the fauna and flora, everything has been included to transport you to the water's edge and ensure each fishing trip is unique.
- Dynamic weather, a day/night cycle and four seasons guarantee a different experience each play session.
- Be awed by the stunning graphics that use photogrammetry for incredibly detailed realism.
TONS OF CONTENT
- Explore 19 lake and river environments from the Florida Everglades to the banks of the Volga in Russia to the Gand-Terneuzen canal in the Netherlands.
- Set up your rod by choosing the right rig from over 1,000 different products, each with unique physical properties.
- Boats, kayaks, sonar, bait, apparel… Find all the gear and latest technologies.
Fishing fanatics better make plans to hit the water on October 17 when the game launches on consoles and PC.