Stranded Sails: Explorers of the Cursed Islands aims to mix genres and worlds in a way that produces an intriguing stew of addictive fun. If you mix up Sea of Thieves with Stardew Valley,
You may start to get an idea of what the game is all about. Add in the colorful, striking art style and the semi-open world scope and the future looks bright for the latest game in the rokaplay franchise.
The Shacknews traveling team visited PAX West 2019 this year and was able to speak with the developers of Stranded Sails to get the elevator pitch for the game and to find out how it will set itself apart from other entries in the farming genre.
The development team set out to offer a relaxing farm adventure experience while providing something that genre fans haven’t yet seen. Offering light RPG elements to a farming simulation is nothing new, but the setting of Stranded Sails allows for a much bigger emphasis on exploration and adventure than most games of its type. The addition of sailing to new islands opens up a world of possibilities.
The game’s official website outlines many of the features that players can expect to find upon playing:
- Experience a relaxed open-world farming adventure
- Farm and cook to survive
- Master story-driven quests full of adventure
- Discover the islands to find new plants and useful items
- Watch your energy reserves and choose the right food
- Provide food for your crew and improve their level of happiness
- Explore several excitingly different islands
- Manage the creation and expansion of a survivors' camp
- Fight against supernatural dangers
- Solve the secret of the cursed islands
- Prove your skills as a ship builder
- Experience a survival adventure with day and night cycle
You will be able to set off on an adventure with Stranded Sails: Explorers of the Cursed Islands when it releases in October for Steam, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
For more coverage of gaming and technology, check out the Shacknews and GamerhubTV YouTube channels. There you'll find exclusive interviews, demos, and event coverage. You'll also find exclusive walkthroughs, gameplay video, and more. Subscribe to both channels and stay tuned to Shacknews for gaming and tech updates.