Your best bear and bird friends are back at it again with their debut in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. During today's Nintendo Direct, Nintendo revealed that the pair will be coming to the game today. That's right, today! You don't have to wait another month or anything. How's that for exciting?
The pair makes the third entry of the Challenger Pack, a DLC bundle that comes with the fighters as well as a new stage and additional music. The stage is based on Spiral Mountain, the setting the original Banjo-Kazooie took place in, while the DLC will also include remixed tracks from composer Grant Kirkhope.
If you already own the Smash Ultimate $24.99 Fighters Pass, it comes with all five Challenger Packs, and you won't have to pay any extra. But you won't want to miss out on nabbing Banjo – we hear he's a squirrelly one, at least as far as what we can tell from Sakurai himself, who can walk you through using the new character.
Our own Ozzie Mejia took the time to detail some of his moves for the curious:
- Egg Firing (B): Kazooie shoots out eggs, which bounce along the ground. Holding the button will use Breegull Blaster, which fires the eggs straight ahead. You can autofire with this move, but the power will diminish.
- Wonderwing (Side + B): Banjo will dash forward with his invincible dash. It can beat out anything, but Banjo only gets a limited amount of uses. You cannot refill Wonderwing until Banjo loses a stock. Keep in mind that it's not safe on block.
- Shock Spring Jump (Up + B): This uses Banjo's Spring Pad to jump up into the air. You can still use your double jump even after using it for greater recovery distance.
- Rear Egg (Down + B): Kazooie lays a grenade egg. As one might imagine, Kazooie can only lay the grenade egg from behind. It'll also bounce oddly, so make sure to practice this move. The egg grenade can be used as an item by anyone on the field, but it has a short fuse, so use it fast.
- The Mighty Jinjonator (Final Smash): Banjo summons the Mighty Jinjonator from the final boss battle in Banjo-Kazooie to deliver hurt to his opponents.
With all this new info, you're ready to head out and get your Banjo on! Have you found a new main? Let us know in the comments below!