With Wednesday's Nintendo Direct concluded, Super Smash Bros. series director Masahiro Sakurai took over the live stream to reveal more information on the latest entry to the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate roster. With Banjo hitting the main roster today, Sakurai offered some more details on how to use this burly bear and his feathery companion, Kazooie.
Banjo brings along his modern look from 2008's Xbox 360 effort, Nuts & Bolts. Here are Banjo's special moves.
- Egg Firing (B): Kazooie shoots out eggs, which bounce along the ground. Holding the button will use Breegull Blaster, which fires the eggs straight ahead. You can autofire with this move, but the power will diminish.
- Wonderwing (Side + B): Banjo will dash forward with his invincible dash. It can beat out anything, but Banjo only gets a limited amount of uses. You cannot refill Wonderwing until Banjo loses a stock. Keep in mind that it's not safe on block.
- Shock Spring Jump (Up + B): This uses Banjo's Spring Pad to jump up into the air. You can still use your double jump even after using it for greater recovery distance.
- Rear Egg (Down + B): Kazooie lays a grenade egg. As one might imagine, Kazooie can only lay the grenade egg from behind. It'll also bounce oddly, so make sure to practice this move. The egg grenade can be used as an item by anyone on the field, but it has a short fuse, so use it fast.
- The Mighty Jinjonator (Final Smash): Banjo summons the Mighty Jinjonator from the final boss battle in Banjo-Kazooie to deliver hurt to his opponents.
Players will do battle atop Spiral Mountain, which will spin around over the course of battle. New areas will pop up over the course of the game, altering recovery points.