Ghost Recon Breakpoint is headed to PS4, PC, Stadia, and Xbox One on October 5, 2019, but players can rest easy knowing that is only the beginning. Today, Ubisoft revealed their Year 1 plans for Ghost Recon Breakpoint, which includes no less than three expansions to keep players busy all the way through 2020.
The first expansion will be Operation Greenstone, and that will be followed by Episode 2 and 3 which will release every four months. Each new episode will offer hours of new gameplay through the activities that are outlined below:
- New Adventures: New story-driven content that expands the main story of the game will be available with each episode.
- New End-Game Content: Every Episode will bring new End-Game content. Episode 1 brings the Project Titan Raid. Players will explore an active volcano on a new island in the Auroa archipelago where they need to use all the skills learned on Auroa in intense four-play co-op challenges. The Raid is replayable and adaptable for all play styles.
- New Faction Missions: Factions in the game will evolve over time and every month, new narrative Story Faction Missions will be released, bringing context as well as character development. New Faction Missions will be available daily and will provide objectives to support the factions and their narrative arcs.
- New Classes: Three new classes will be introduced in Year 1, starting with the Engineer which brings an expertise in hacking.
- Live Events: These events will feature VIPs that will help Nomad tackle new, terrible threats. A new Event will be available with each Year 1 Episode and lasts one month.
- PvP Updates: In addition to the three new classes coming Year 1, which will be fully playable in PvP, new maps and updates will keep Ghost War players on their toes.
- Regular New Content: New content such as new missions, activities and unlockables will be available with each new episode.
That’s an awful lot of content to dig into, and if Ghost Recon Wildlands is any sort of measuring stick, I’d expect Ghost Recon Breakpoint to deliver and maintain a healthy player base over the next few years. If you aren’t sure if it’s for you, though, give the Ghost Recon Breakpoint beta a shot and see what you think. If you know it’s your thing but want into the beta anyway, consider a pre-order via the Ghost Recon Breakpoint site.
Bill Lavoy posted a new article, Ghost Recon Breakpoint details Year 1 post-launch plans
Uh, ubisoft, what are you doing? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcpKlvagbt8
This is the most bizarre thing I have seen from this series for sure.