Ghost Recon Breakpoint figures to be a big player in this year’s Q4 games lineup. As a co-op shooter set in an open world and built from the foundation set by Ghost Recon Wildlands, you can sign me up for that, but that doesn’t mean everyone is as convinced as I am. Luckily, Ghost Recon Wildlands will hold a beta on all platforms from September 5-9.
Register for the Ghost Recon Breakpoint beta
If you're already convinced you want to hop into the beta, check out our Ghost Recon Breakpoint guide for how to get guaranteed access, or at least register for a chance. In a nutshell, those who pre-order the game or are Uplay+ subscribers are in, and everyone else must register for a chance.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint beta preload times
Those who have taken care of gaining access will be happy to know that they can preload the beta and get right in the moment it goes live. A blog post on the Ghost Recon Breakpoint website outlined when everyone can get in.
- Preload: September 2 at 3:00 a.m. PTD
- Start: September 5 at 3:00 a.m. PDT
- End: September 9 at 3:00 a.m. PDT
Europe and Middle East
- Preload: September 2 at 12:00 p.m. CEST
- Start: September 5 at 12:00 p.m. CEST
- End: September 9 at 12:00 p.m. CEST
- Preload: September 2 at 8:00 p.m. AEST
- Start: September 5 at 8:00 p.m. AEST
- End: September 5 at 8:00 p.m. AEST
Asia and Japan
- Preload Xbox One: September 2 at 7:00 p.m. JST
- Preload PC: September 2 at 7:00 p.m. JST
- Preload PS4: September 5 at 12:00 p.m. JST
- Start: September 5 at 7:00 p.m. JST
- End: September 9 at 7:00 p.m. JST
Available regions, missions, and drone areas
Players will have access to quite a bit of PvE content to try out during the Ghost Recon Breakpoint beta, including the following regions, missions, and drone areas:
- Smuggler Coves
- Mount Hodgson
- Sinking Country
- Fen Bog
- Operation Greenstone: Two missions from the main storyline
- Auroa Missions: Side missions to discover more about the island and its inhabitants
- Faction Missions: Eight new Factions missions per day
- Murmurs: Small flying drones that will swarm the unprepared
- Aamons: Mid-size land drones that pack a punch with agility to match
- Behemoths: Large drones with massive firepower and heavy armor
For players who aren’t sure if they’d like to buy the game, this presents a good opportunity to check out Ghost Recon Breakpoint before dropping cash. Unfortunately, dropping cash in some form or fashion (pre-ordering or subscribing to Uplay+) is the only way to guarantee access. If you’d rather not do either, be sure to register for access as soon as possible.
We’ll be hopping into the Ghost Recon Breakpoint beta from September 5 to September 9, and we’ll keep building our Ghost Recon Breakpoint coverage in the lead up to its official release on October 4, 2019.