Earlier this morning, Shacknews took a look at Call of Duty: Modern Warfare multiplayer, along with its many Perks and Killstreaks, for the first time. There are a lot of takeaways from what we saw, ranging from the size of the maps, to the various game modes, to the number of players, and all the way to the intricate way in which certain elements were implemented. But if you're a casual player, you probably want to know about the toys that you can take into battle. Well, no need to worry, because Shacknews has wrangled together the various Perks and Killstreaks that will be available in the game.
Now it should be noted that Modern Warfare is currently in development and certain things are subject to change prior to the game's final release. But for now, here's what's available.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Perks & Killstreaks
Perks in Modern Warfare are unlockable over the course of the game. There are no details on how long it will take to unlock these perks, as some of them will undoubtedly be locked behind level gates. But for now, here's what players can expect.
- Double Time: This triples the duration of Super Sprint. Super Sprint is refreshed after every kill.
- E.O.D.: Players take reduced damage from non-Killstreak explosives and fire. They can also hack enemy Claymores, Proximity Mines, and C4.
- Scavenger: Players will automatically resupply ammo from dead players.
- Tracker: Enemies will leave behind red trails and death markers to help indicate their position. Crouch movement speed is also increased by 30 percent.
- Tune Up: Field upgrade charge rate is increased by 50 percent.
- Ghost: You are undetectable by UAVs, Radar Drones, Heartbeat Sensors, and High Alert. Any death markers for enemies you kill will be hidden.
- Hardline: Your Killstreak cost is reduced by one kill.
- Kill Chain: Any Killstreaks earned in your current life will earn kill credit for other Killstreaks.
- Overkill: You can carry two primary weapons.
- Restock: Your equipment will recharge over 30 seconds.
- Amped: You get faster weapon swap and rocket launcher reload speed.
- Battle Hardened: This reduces the strength of enemy flash, stun, and EMP effects.
- Cold-Blooded: You are undetectable by AI targeting systems and thermal optics. You are also immune to snapshot grenades.
- High Alert: Your vision will pulse if enemies outside of your area spot you.
- Shrapnel: You will spawn with an extra piece of lethal equipment. Any explosive damage you cause will delay enemy health regeneration.
- Spotter: You will see enemy equipment, field upgrades, and Killstreaks through walls. If you look at them through aim down sights, you'll mark them on the map for your team.
Killstreaks also make their return. You can select any three Killstreaks. Like Perks, these may potentially be locked behind higher level requirements. For now, here are the Killstreaks that players can expect to see.
- Personal Radar (3 Kills): This escort drone will activate radar for the owner, allowing them to ping nearby enemies.
- Counter UAV (4 Kills): This drone will scramble enemy signals, disrupting their mini map. The effect is greater at closer distance.
- UAV (4 Kills): This recon ship reveals enemy locations for the user and the team.
- Care Package (4 Kills): A random Killstreak care package will be called to your location, available for all allies.
- Cluster Strike (5 Kills): Cluster mortars will fall on a designated location.
- Cruise Missile (5 Kills): Players will guide a cruise missile to a location of their choice.
- Precision Airstrike (5 Kills): Twin jets will fly in and fire away along the best available path.
- Wheelson (7 Kills): Take control of a remote-controlled UGV (unmanned ground vehicle) equipped with an airburst turret.
- Infantry Assault Vehicle (7 Kills): It's a freakin' tank! Players will man a tank and control the .50 cal machine gun on top. A second player can jump on a second turret.
- Emergency Airdrop (8 Kills): A souped-up Care Package, this will call three random Killstreak care packages to your location.
- VTOL Jet (8 Kills): An airborne jet will fire a barrage of missiles at an area of the player's choosing.
- Chopper Gunner (10 Kills): Get to the choppa and controller this assault helicopter. Bombard opponents with turret fire and missiles.
- White Phosphorus (10 Kills): The battlefield will be blanketed with white smoke flare cannisters. Any enemy exposed will be disorientated. If an enemy is too close to the source, they may burn up.
- Support Helo (11 Kills): A heavy assault helicopter will provide cover over a chunk of the map with its twin turrets.
- Gunship (12 Kills): A massive gunship will fly overhead and take out enemies with three different types of weaponry.
- Advanced UAV (12 Kills): This special UAV will expose the enemy and provide their direction on the mini map.
- Juggernaut (15 Kills): IT'S UNSTOPPABLE! This will call in a care package that allows you to suit up in the Juggernaut suit and wreak havoc with a massive chain gun.
These are the Perks & Killstreaks that players can expect to see when they jump into Call of Duty: Modern Warfare multiplayer. For more of a taste of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare multiplayer as a whole, be sure to check out our full multiplayer preview. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will release on PC (via Battle.net), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on October 25.
Ozzie Mejia posted a new article, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Multiplayer Perks & Killstreaks
Hey guys this is an old article.