The launch of Final Fantasy 14: Shadowbringers is right around the corner, and the crew at Square Enix are dropping more details of new content to come. In a recent Letter from the Producer live stream, director Noaki Yoshida opened up with some new information and gameplay footage of the expansion. The new video showcases the game's latest dungeon and gives players their first look at the Titania trial battle as well as the challenging high-level Eden raid.
Given how many players are still getting their fill out of Final Fantasy 14, the Shadowbringers expansion aims to offer more activities and dungeons for high-level players. In particular, these include the Eden raid, a new eight-player raid that has been given precious few details over the past few months, as well as the trial against Titania, the ruler of the pixies.
In a press release for the announcement, Square Enix gives several bits of news concerning new content coming to Shadowbringers:
- Introduction of Shadowbringers’ Key Characters – Familiar allies such as Thancred and Y’shtola will join the Warrior of Light as they encounter new characters such as Ran'jit and Vauthry.
- Updates to Crafting Classes – New actions and adjustments to current actions, major updates to the crafting UI, and easing requirements to unlock existing recipes.
- Updates to Gathering Classes – New actions and traits for all classes, updates to the gathering log—including spawn time information and the ability to quickly add an alarm to remind players of spawning nodes, as well as easing requirements to unlock existing gathering points.
- System-related Updates – Increase to the glamour dresser storage capacity, updates to the retainer and achievement UI, the addition of new tomestones and gatherer/crafter scrips, and much more.
- Addition of New Worlds – The addition of the Spriggan World to the Chaos data center, and the addition of the Twintania World to the Light data center.
- Post-Release Patch Schedule (16th July 2019) Patch 5.01 – Launch of the normal difficulty high-level raid, Eden
- Patch 5.05 (30th July 2019): – Launch of the savage difficulty Eden raid and the new treasure hunt dungeon, Lyhe Ghiahl; release of the Allagan tomestone of Phantasmagoria currency.
Final Fantasy 14: Shadowbringers releases for all supported platforms on July 2. Fans can stay on top of launch dates for all of the latest releases and upcoming games by heading over to Shacknews' 2019 video game release date schedule.