Hearthstone balance updates have often been in the business of bringing certain cards down to earth. Sometimes, certain cards just need to be hit with the nerf bat. On a rare occasion, though, Blizzard will go in the other direction and actually buff cards. And this appears to be the case with the upcoming Hearthstone 14.4 update, which the publisher announced on Tuesday.
Separate from this Wednesday's 14.3 update, this 14.4 update will take effect on June 3 and is specifically addressing cards from The Boomsday Project as part of a new event called Rise of the Mech. And because Dr. Boom is... you know... Dr. Boom, this update won't nerf cards from that set. It'll actually buff two cards for each of the game's nine classes and it'll buff them in a fairly big way.
Here are the cards set to get hit by the
nerf buff bat:
- Gloop Sprayer (Druid): Now costs 7 mana. (Down from 8)
- Mulchmuncher (Druid): Now costs 9 mana. (Down from 10)
- Necromechanic (Hunter): Now costs 4 mana. (Down from 5)
- Flark's Boom-Zooka (Hunter): Now costs 7 mana. (Down from 8)
- Unexpected Results (Mage): Now costs 3 mana. (Down from 4)
- Luna's Pocket Galaxy (Mage): Now costs 5 mana. (Down from 7)
- Crystology (Paladin): Now costs 1 mana. (Down from 2)
- Glowstone Technician (Paladin): Now costs 5 mana. (Down from 6)
- Extra Arms (Priest): Now costs 2 mana. (Down from 3)
- Cloning Device (Priest): Now costs 1 mana. (Down from 2)
- Pogo-Hopper (Rogue): Now costs 1 mana. (Down from 2)
- Violet Haze (Rogue): Now costs 2 mana. (Down from 3)
- The Storm Bringer (Shaman): Now costs 6 mana. (Down from 7)
- Thunderhead (Shaman): Now has 6 health. (Up from 5)
- Spirit Bomb (Warlock): Now costs 1 mana. (Down from 2)
- Dr. Morrigan (Warlock): Now costs 6 mana. (Down from 8)
- Security Rover (Warrior): Now has 6 health. (Up from 5)
- Beryllium Nullifier (Warrior): Now has 4 attack. (Up from 3)
On top of this, the Rise of the Mech event will introduce a brand new Legendary minion to The Boomsday Project set. Here's what it looks like:
(3) SN1P-SN4P (2/3)
Type: Minion - Mech
Magnetic, Echo, Deathrattle: Summon two 1/1 Microbots.
Oh dear, that's going to be a bonkers late game card. It'll play especially nice with Dr. Boom, Mad Genius, giving this base mech and the Microbots Rush on top of its Magnetic and Echo properties. According to Blizzard, because this is considered a part of The Boomsday Project, it will rotate out next Standard year, along with the rest of that set. If you're looking to pick up SN1P-SN4P absolutely free, simply log into Hearthstone during the Rise of the Mech event, which runs from June 3 through July 1. If you miss this event for whatever reason, this Legendary will still be craftable for the standard Legendary cost of 1600 dust, but it will not be available in random Boomsday Project card packs.
There's still more from today's reveal and it concerns Arena players. The Rise of the Mech event will mark the first rotation of Arena sets. Starting on June 3, the following sets will be found in Arena mode:
- Goblins vs. Gnomes
- The Grand Tournament
- One Night in Karazhan
- The Boomsday Project
- Rise of Shadows
This Arena season is expected to last for the remainder of the Rise of Shadows, right up until the launch of the next Hearthstone expansion.
For more on today's announcements, be sure to visit the Hearthstone website. And if you're looking for more information on the balance update that's set to take effect tomorrow, be sure to brush up on our full analysis.