The Epic Games team is throwing a strong bandaid on the most recent update to the company's hit game Fortnite. The v8.20 update featured a few issues and today, March 29, Fortnite v8.20.1 is here to fix those up.
Fornite update v8.20.1 is available now on all platforms except for Fortnite iOS. In the Fortnite v8.20.1 update patch notes, the team shared that the developers are working with Apple to get the update certified. The game is still playable for the time being.
Fortnite v8.20.1 update patch notes
- Battle Royale
- Fixed an issue where spectator numbers would not update, even after the spectator had left the game.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to queue in the correct division level in the Arena game mode when the party leader was in a lower division.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Poison Dart Trap to be hidden behind certain wall assets.
- Fixed an issue where trap placement on walls would be blocked if a stair structure was attached to the wall.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from getting removed from the Baller when hit by a Boogie Bomb.
- Fixed an issue preventing friend invites from displaying in the social panel.
- Fixed an issue where Creature Spawners wouldn’t activate within the correct range after it has been resized.
- Fixed an issue where the Phone Tool would emit two beams rather than one after copying multiple times.
- Fixed an issue that prevented non-damaging traps (Ice Block, Bouncers, etc) from functioning if the Game was not started.
- Fixed an issue where any Baller vehicle that was placed on an Island prior to v8.20 could not use the boost.]
- Fixed an issue that prevented vehicles from being damaged by Music Sequencer when damage was turned on.
- Save the World
- Re-enabled the X Marks the Spot sub-objective.
- Fixed an issue where the X Marks the Spot objective was removing items from player inventories.
- Fixed an issue that was causing B.A.S.E to incorrectly hover over player built structures.
If you've had some issues with the previous update, get your version of Fortnite updated to v8.20.1 and you should be good to go. iOS users will get an update in the near future whenever the new update is certified for Apple users. If there are additional issues found, Epic Games would like for users to take advantage of the in-game Feedback report system so they can jump on things as soon as possible. Stay tuned to Shacknews for additional gaming and tech updates.