Media Molecule is almost ready to give PS4 gamers another platform where they explore the creations of others or put together experiences based on their own ideas. Dreams is the next title from the developer and the team has revealed that it will be going into Early Access on April 16, 2019.
Dreams, as describe on the official website, is a "space in which to create your own dreams, whether they're games, art, films, music, or anything in-between and beyond" in addition to playing and experiencing the dreams of Media Molecule and the studio's community. Dreams has been in development for quite a while and the team has released occasional glimpses into what's being made with the platform, even throwing in some curious clips during Sony's E3 2018 conference. Below you'll find the pertinent details on access Dreams Early access and you can read the rest on the PlayStation Blog post.
- What is included in Early Access?
- Early Access is exactly that. Early entry into Dreams, designed for creators to get hands-on with the tools. It won’t feature everything that the full release will have (our story mode being a big piece of that) but you’ll get our full toolset for creating, our interactive tutorials and arcade games, templates and additional content created by Media Molecule and access to what you, the CoMmunity, made during our Dreams Creator Beta. You’ll also be getting the first hands-on with new features and content as we add them.
- When is Dreams Early Access launching?
- Dreams Early Access will be launching April 16!
- How much will Dreams Early Access cost?
- Dreams Early Access will cost $29.99 MSRP (+applicable tax) in the US and $39.99 MSRP (+applicable tax) in Canada.
- Which territories will Dreams Early Access be available for?
- Initially, Dreams Early Access will be available in the US, Canada and all European territories.
- What languages will be supported by Dreams Early Access?
- At launch, Dreams Early Access will be in English and French in North America.
- How do I participate in Dreams Early Access?
- That’s an easy one! You’ll be able to purchase Dreams Early Access from PlayStation Store on April 16, 2019.
Dreams early access goes live April 16, 2019, on PS4, giving participants an early look at what's been made, what is being made, and what tools they can use to start creating on their own. Stay tuned to Shacknews for additional gaming and tech updates.