Ever wanted to start gifting skins in Fortnite? Now you can. Hardly a day goes by without some kind of new update to Epic Games' popular shooter, and today is no exception. At last, the option to gift skins to other players has arrived, and the system isn't at all difficult to understand. There are few specific caveats worth mentioning, but this guide should help Fortnite players start gifting skins in no time.
How gifting skins in Fortnite works
Gifting skins in Fortnite really couldn't be much easier. Although Apple policies apparently prohibit the action, Fortnite players on any platform aside from iOS only need to complete a few short steps in order to send a gift to other players:
- Open Fortnite.
- Head into the Item Shop.
- Select an item from the list that you want to give as a gift to another player.
- Click purchase.
- Once given the option to buy for yourself or for a friend, choose the latter.
- In the Select Recipients window, scroll down and select the username of the gift recipient, then hit Continue.
- Optionally, add a custom message to the gift if desired.
Once all of the above steps have been completed, the gift will be sent to the other player tucked away neatly in a digital box complete with a gift note. Easy, right?
Limitations to gifting skins in Fortnite
As revealed over on the Epic Games website, there are a few limitations that Fortnite players can expect when trying to gift skins to others. Most of these are fairly self-explanatory, with rules put in place that are meant to discourage those who might abuse the Fortnite gifting system. Here are the specifics:
- Multi-factor authentication must be enabled on the user's account. More information on how this can be accomplished can be found on the Epic Games website.
- You have to be friends with another player for 48 hours before you'll be able to send a gift to them.
- Only three gifts can be given within a single 24 hour period.
- Gift purchases are completely non-refundable.
- You can only gift an item that is currently available in the Fortnite Item Shop.
There's also an option, though it's hard to see a case where someone would need to use it, for players to disable the ability to receive gifts in Fortnite. If gifts just aren't your thing, this option can be found in-game under the Account Settings menu.
Players interested in gifting skins in Fortnite should act fast, as Epic Games has indicated that the "initial gifting period will only last a week." Assuming it's a hit, they may (or may not) keep it around as a consistent feature for the game. Beyond that, keep on top of the latest battle royale news and Season 6 developments by heading over to Shacknews' Fortnite home page.
Kevin Tucker posted a new article, How to gift skins in Fortnite
free rortnite v bucks here https://www.toptenbiz.com/how-to-get-free-v-bucks-fortnite/