Trick or treat? The new Fortnite PC update v6.20 is upon and brings plenty of frights with the new Fortnitemares Limited Time Mode. Epic Games has been teasing this update and the new event with a few poems on Twitter and continues with a new one to start off the blog post:
Come one and all, are you ready for some scares? Then join us this season during Fortnitemares!
New weapons and Heroes are soon to arrive. Will they be enough to help you survive?
Approaching now is a fun new sound, and all new surprises await in Playground.
But that's not all, there's plenty more. So join us to see what v6.20 has in store!
The previous update, v6.10, introduced in-game tournaments. This update brings a massive wave of new content largely set against a Halloween theme. Check out a huge chunk of what's coming with the download of this new patch and check out the full Fortnite v6.20 patch notes on the official Fortnite website.
Limited Time Event: Fortnitemares
The Cube strikes back, bringing Fortnitemares to Battle Royale! Drop in and discover what the Cube has unleashed.
- Cube Fragments spawn Cube Monsters! Drop in and discover the different types.
- Large Cube Fragments are found near corrupted areas of the island.
- Small Cube Fragments are created randomly throughout the match.
- Cube Fiends, Brutes, and Fragments all have a chance to drop loot.
- Defeating a Cube Fiend or Brute will grant a small amount of shield.Eliminating a Cube Fiend will grant +3 shield
- Eliminating an Elite Cube Fiend will grant +5 shield
- Eliminating a Cube Brute will grant +10 shield
- Eliminating an Elite Cube Brute will grant +15 shield
- Eliminating a Mega Cube Brute will grant +20 shield
- Fiend Hunter Crossbow added. Fortnitemare Limited time weapon.
- Available in Epic variant.
- 40 base damage
- 1.8 shots per second.
- 4x damage against Fiends
- Seven Arrow magazine size, unlimited ammo.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests and Vending Machines.
- Available in Epic variant.
New Port-A grenades are now available in Vending Machines at the southern edge of Loot Lake. The Port-A-Challenge set includes the Building Challenge, Obstacle Course, and Firing Range minigames. There’s four of each type with varying difficulty.
The Spiky Stadium makes a return with a brand new respawn system and Vending Machines to provide all the necessary grenades. Finally, there’s the Port-A-Pirateship mini-game. This grenade spawns a re-creation of the minigame shown off by SXVXN!
- Obstacle Course
- Collect the tokens and avoid the obstacles while honing your building skills.
- Building Challenge
- Build the structure as fast as possible.
- Firing Range
- Take out as many dummies as you can within the time limit.
- Obstacle Course
- Spiky Stadium v2
- Once inside the new Spiky Stadium, players will respawn at designated spawn points inside the playspace.
- Vending machines provide grenades and Traps to allow you to customize your play.
- A re-creation of the minigame shown off by SXVXN.
- Spawns two large wooden Pirate ships.
- The minigame will split players into two teams, with the goal of destroying the other team’s ship.
- Port-A-Pirateship Ironclad Edition
- Spawns two large metal Pirate ships.
- Grenades and Rockets are provided for maximum destruction
- New Vending Machines have been added across the map to provide more Traps and weapons.
- A new respawn button has been added to the in-game player menu.
Save The World
Missions + Systems
- Fortnitemares Part 1 is now available!
- Venture into the creepy lands of Hexsylvania and experience the “Vlad Moon Rising” questline. Now upgraded with additional narrative content!
- Earn Candy and spend it on Fortnitemare Llamas. Candy can be earned by playing missions in Hexslyvania or by defeating Miniboss mission alerts on the normal campaign missions.
- All of the Fortnitemares Heroes from the past can be found in the Fortnitemare Llama:
- Marine Corpse Ramirez
- Skull Trooper Jonesy
- Hazard the 13th
- Catstructor Penny
- Shuriken Master Llamurai
- Sarah Hotep
- Ranger Beetlejess
- The Llama also contains Fortnitemares Survivors. Collect the full set of survivors (in your Collection Book) to unlock the Legendary Pumpkin Launcher schematic!
- Miniboss Mission Alerts have been returned to their normal reward amounts, and once again grant Event Tickets (Candy) instead of Gold.
- Removed the Shared Hero Damage modifier from Mutant Storm mission alerts.
- Removed Power Rating requirement text from Deep Blu Somethings Quest Objectives. Activating the pylons quest can be done in any zone.
Stay tuned to Shacknews for additional updates and keep your eyes on TwitchCon 2018 for some additional Fortnite excitement.
Charles Singletary Jr posted a new article, Fortnite v6.20 update patch notes adds Fortnitemares, Glider Re-Deploy, Six Shooter, and more
It's probably the most impressive example of a game-as-a-service I've ever seen. The game is a living breathing thing and the amount of content they pump out is insane. I wish more games could do that, but nobody else is making Fortnite money.
The disco 50 vs 50 game is lots of fun and you rack up xp