The latest update for Sea of Thieves is here and version 1.3.1 brings a few tweaks to rewards, the rowboat, as well as the Merchant Alliance. Players will now be able to partake in Cargo Runs, delivering goods to various islands on behalf of the Alliance. These goods include crates of rum, silks, and plants, all of which must be treated with care.
Rowboats have also received a slight adjustment and will now take more damage from Gunpowder Barrels, making them a little more realistic. Players will also be able to push rowboats when they become stuck.
Be sure to check out our guide on how to update Sea of Thieves on PC if you’re having trouble downloading the latest update.
Sea of Thieves patch size:
- Xbox One: 1.37GB
- Xbox One X: 1.37GB
- Windows 10: 502MB
- Cargo Runs - These voyages offer an alternative way to climb the ranks of the Merchant Alliance. Obtain a contract, find out who's waiting with the cargo, grab it and go! Don't dawdle or damage the goods if you want the full reward when you reach your destination. The Merchants have standards...
- Skeleton Ship Rewards - Skeleton Captain-led ships at the end of ship battles now give four Skeleton Captain Chests and four Skeleton Captain Skulls instead of two each.
- Rowboat Damage - Increased damage now taken by Rowboats from Gunpowder Barrels.
- Stuck Rowboats - You can now push Rowboats that are stuck underneath things such as piers.
- Athena's Fortune Voyages - Cargo Runs are now always included as part of Athena's Fortune voyages.
- Rowboats now cast appropriate reflections in water.
- Rowboats no longer get damaged when detaching from a ship.
- Player sitting in the middle of the Rowboat can now see players sitting at the back of the Rowboat.
- Removed overlapping audio when rowing.
- Damaged Rowboats no longer appear pristine upon returning to them after venturing far away.
- Rowboats no longer inherit damage decals from other sources (such as damaged ships or shipwrecks) when in close vicinity.
- Looking as far left/right as possible whilst rowing a Rowboat will no longer result in the camera becoming occasionally unlocked and rotating 360 degrees.
- When placing larger items on the Rowboat, water splash VFX will no longer occur.
- Audio when rowing a Rowboat over large distances (especially the squeaking) is now less repetitive.
- Available titles now show up in the clothing shop on Morrow's Peak Outpost.
- Fixed issue with horizontal water planes being cut off whilst a ship is sinking.
- Players no longer get permanently drunk when migrating servers whilst holding the Chest of a Thousand Grogs.
- Players should no longer get an unfinishable riddle quest on Fetcher's Rest.
- Audio will no longer drop out when climbing the ladder onto a Brigantine.
- View Gamer Card option under Crew Settings will now respond correctly to a left mouse click.
- Geysers will no longer appear on top of chests.
- Flooding at the back of a Sloop will appear visually correct when sinking.
- The ocean will appear completely black when a Kraken encounter begins.
- Looking through the scope of an Eye of Reach will no longer trigger the sound effect multiple times.
- Upon loading into a session, the loading music will now commence as soon as the loading screen appears.
- Sailing away from your ship on a Rowboat will no longer cause a mermaid to spawn.
- The ocean will no longer appear separated from the sky when viewing the horizon from within a storm.
- The glow of the Kraken lantern will no longer appear too bright in HDR.
- Sail ropes will no longer appear disjointed from the sails when a player returns from the Ferry.
- There is no longer a gap at the bottom of the volcano on Devil’s Thirst.
- Collision has been corrected on the Devil’s Thirst volcano so players can no longer fall into the model.
- Player will no longer temporarily lose access to some ship barrels if their first banana, plank or cannonball of the session is washed up or given to them.
- Available titles now correctly appear in the clothing shop on Morrow's Peak Outpost.
- Titles will no longer incorrectly appear on Seaposts.
- Oars can appear to disconnect from the Rowboat along with the player, only visible in third-person. We have a fix for this coming in the next update.
- Migrating server (indicated by the on-screen riddle) with a message in a bottle / barrel map in your map radial causes any in-progress voyages to no longer count towards commendation objectives. We have a fix for this coming in the next update.
- Merchant Alliance crates on board a ship that sinks will not float to the surface and cannot be picked up. We are working on a fix for this issue.
- Mermaid Statues have been temporarily disabled due to performance issues. Improvements to this are being investigated, and the intention is to re-enable these as soon as possible.
Source: Sea of Thieves
Sam Chandler posted a new article, Sea of Thieves update 1.3.1 introduces Cargo Runs and increases skeleton ship rewards
That's excellent news. I think it's finally nearing a point where the content justifies jumping in.