If you're curious why Red Dead Redemption 2 has a download size of 105GB, look no further than a new update from Rockstar. The second official gameplay trailer was released today and, in it, we get a look at large-scale heists, the improved Dead Eye shooting, first-person gameplay, and a whole lot more.
Another feature that makes an appearance in the new trailer is the Hunted mechanic. Depending on your actions, a bounty may be put on your head and other characters in the game will hunt you down. The trailer also touches loosely on the recently revealed mechanics involving your visual appearance, including bathing and shaving. Here's a quick bullet list of all the new things shared in this second gameplay trailer:
- Large-scale heists (train, stagecoach, etc)
- Escort quests
- Unique rival gangs and outlaws
- Crime-scene investigation
- Bounty hunters will track you down if there's a price on your head
- Close-quarters combat
- Expanded Dead-Eye system
- Slow time
- Paint targets
- See critical points on enemies
- Choose what to wear, eat, and whether or not you bathe and keep up your appearance.
- Will affect your experience with other characters
- Small boats
- Card games
- Five finger fillet
- Watch shows
- One-on-one duels
- First-person gameplay
- Cinematic camera option
- Aggressive wildlife
Red Dead Redemption 2 launches October 26, 2018, on PS4 and Xbox One. Red Dead Online will go into public beta testing in November and will be free to owners of RDR2. Stay tuned to Shacknews for additional updates.